Hard to Believe...

Gerritt

Five years already ?...I can remember the morning I read your post and couldn't believe what I was reading...for once old Beans-talk-a-lot was speechless...I also remember how hard it was replying to your post...kept choking up and tears kept welling...

That whole experience resulted in me receiving the feeling that I didn't just join another fishing board but became a member of the OFC family...

God bless you and yours Gerritt.

I believe that love does not die...it just can't - I guess that's why we who are still here continue with that longing to be reunited with all those that have touched and made our hearts what they are. Of course you will continue to make room for him and will continue to imagine all the wonderful things that could have been because you love him and it's very much you still keeping in touch with him and showing him that he will always be a huge part of your life.

As much as today will bring you sadness, I hope it will bring you peace knowing that one sweet day you will be together. God Bless.

there are a few days on this board that will stay in my heart forever.

The day you lost your son and the day LEW lost his.

I still to this day keep both in my thoughts.

Lots has changed around here in the last five years, but the core group hasn't changed, all great folks.

Gerritt, please keep you head up, and your chin held high. Thats what your son would have wanted. I bet he'd have been a helluva hockey player!

Yes Gerritt, I too remember the sadness of that day. Time goes by all too quickly, 5 years sounds like a long time when we look into the future, but it sure goes by fast. I am sure you have many fine memories of the times you had together, keep the memories with you and he will always be there.

Take care.

Thank you everyone for your words of support and understanding..

Truly the best people reside here.

Many people from OFC experienced what happened 5 years ago... They were by my side when I needed them the most.. That is why I mentioned it being 5 years today.. So noone will ever forget just how precious our kids are..Sometimes we take for granted they will be there at the end of a long day at work offering up a hug that makes all the days stresses just disappear....

But for some this is not the case...For some those hugs are not there....

Give your kids a little something extra today.. Be it a hug, a smile or just a couple more minutes to watch tv with you..

Gerritt.

Yes my frend, life goes by too fast ! As much as these dates cause us pain, they also remind us to treasure each day... and I think we need that to keep us on track.

I know that after 35 + years ... twice a year (his birthday and the day he died) I share the emotions you must be feeling (my father was taken from me when I was 7) ... and I think, as much as it hurts to remember ... it would be so much worse to forget.

My thoughts are with you today brother.

As I have said to you personally, your strength is remarkable. You were one of the first to try and connect with me last week during my family's time of tragedy. Unfortunately, I was not around at the time to be there for you. Thanks for reminding us how important times with family and friends really is and I will give my kids an extra hug tonight when I get home.

G, give Liam an extra hug tonight, you are a very special person.

HH