2019-2020 Hockey Thread

speed kills man

on that matthews goal, forget how nice the finish was, look at the puck movement into the zone before that...if thats not a line clicking with a stupid amount of skill, I dont know what is.

And the Leafs powerplay is getting close to impossible to defend. Marner is a puck distribution wizard. He forces you to make a read by pretending to shoot but then does the opposite of your read. winds up...you decide to defend shot or pass and he does the opposite. Because you have a man advantage theres always 1 outlet available and he gets to decide what one to choose. How do you defend against that? Its a beautiful thing to watch a guy process the game faster than other players. 

The most impressive  guy for doing this kinda stuff is mcdavid, his goals are all scored where he just does something so fast that either the goalie or d man cant react quick enough. Last night he got a pass in the slot and stick handled so fast that the goalie was still in the process of flinching but the puck was already in the net. Youd think mcdavid had hit a one timer, but he collected the puck, stick handled to make the goalie begin thinking about making a save but then just put the puck in the net while the goalie was thinking for a half second.

Edited by AKRISONER

6 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

speed kills man

on that matthews goal, forget how nice the finish was, look at the puck movement into the zone before that...if thats not a line clicking with a stupid amount of skill, I dont know what is.

And the Leafs powerplay is getting close to impossible to defend. Marner is a puck distribution wizard. He forces you to make a read by pretending to shoot but then does the opposite of your read. winds up...you decide to defend shot or pass and he does the opposite. Because you have a man advantage theres always 1 outlet available and he gets to decide what one to choose. How do you defend against that? Its a beautiful thing to watch a guy process the game faster than other players. 

The most impressive  guy for doing this kinda stuff is mcdavid, his goals are all scored where he just does something so fast that either the goalie or d man cant react quick enough. Last night he got a pass in the slot and stick handled so fast that the goalie was still in the process of flinching but the puck was already in the net. Youd think mcdavid had hit a one timer, but he collected the puck, stick handled to make the goalie begin thinking about making a save but then just put the puck in the net while the goalie was thinking for a half second.

This.

Marner has unbelievable vision, skill and game smarts. Really reminds me of a young Stevie Y

something about getting 100pts

Us leaf fans are friggin shell shocked from the years of misery...does anyone really realize just how friggin good this team actually is.

The great debate right now...who would you rather face Boston or Tampa

Im going with Boston. I understand that Boston plays a big heavy game and has experience, but they are not the Boston Bruins of 2014 anymore, they are old and slow. When you try play big and heavy like Nashville does with the leafs...well look what happened.

19 minutes ago, Raf said:

laugh it up.. here are two possible routes for ottawa

Seattle.JPG

QC.JPG

See, that's what laffs fans are famous for. Speculation and fantasy.  I quote actual history and the rebuttal is fiction and fantasy.  I have actual photographic proof of the greatest sports meltdown in history and you draw cute little maps of fantasy land.

The Sens are having a bad year and yes the suck at the moment but the laffs are going nowhere in the playoffs and can't erase their decades and decades of letting their fans down.

LoL

1 minute ago, Raf said:

blah blah blah blah blah :lol:

hope you like the 67s

How many laff games have you been to this year?

My guess is zero, can't get tickets and the prices are the highest in the league. Heck they won't even let you watch it on tv lmao

1 minute ago, muskymatt said:

How many laff games have you been to this year?

My guess is zero, can't get tickets and the prices are the highest in the league. Heck they won't even let you watch it on tv lmao

really Matt?  now we're really grasping at straws.  how's that tarp thing going?  maybe we could dim the lights between periods too for some cost cutting...  you know to sign a bum defenseman.  ohh wait, no chance in hell he's sticking around..  maybe douchenne. 

FYI, two. sat in the reds both times and i've watched 95% of the other ones.  

6 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Looks like the snowmobiling season is over in Ottawa and the trolling season has begun. It was good while it lasted.

Kind of bitter sweet win for my Sens tonight. They won the game but the panther loss sealed the laffs playoffs spot.

Not that they wouldn't have done it anyway.

And don't worry, 4 games into the playoffs and there won't be anything to troll. 

LoL

Its funny with the leafs now.   If leafs won that final game against Boston would they have the team now.  Same goes for Burke trading away there picks.  Anyways i was thinking if Marner stays playing the same do you sign him and Matthews to identical contracts like Toews and Kane?

Edited by LostAnotherOne