2019-2020 Hockey Thread

2 hours ago, muskymatt said:

My god!!!!!!!!  

That's exactly the failure to grasp reality that laff fans are famous for. Who knows why the Sens folded back in what was it?  1917? 

Certainly wasn't anything anyone did today and from what I can tell it was due to WW1.

So you laffites say on one hand that the cups they won back then (11) don't count but all the years they weren't even in the league count against time not winning a cup.

Do your homework...the team got canned because they were losing money!! Nobody was going to the games! Sound familiar??? Lol Some things never change. WWI, geesh! Suckators will suck! :rofl2:

18 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Do your homework...the team got canned because they were losing money!! Nobody was going to the games! Sound familiar??? Lol Some things never change. WWI, geesh! Suckators will suck! :rofl2:

There was definitely an issue with the smaller market, no argument here.

While the market was a factor, so was the strain of the war. They struggled and never recovered. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis_Eagles

Again, was a different time in history. Get over it.

What do you dismiss 1967 to present on????? 

Feel confident? 

Take it to pm and ask MB how it turned out for him last year.

Hypothetically speaking, I would put money on a first round exit!!

34 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

The 2 Cuban cigars and bottle of Scotch I got won't hold it against you.

They were enjoyed while watching Ottawa beat Boston.

:lol:

Aaaaaaand this year? Celebrate losing karlson and possibly the franchise???

Ya gonna need a few more bottles to drown those sorrows ????

6 minutes ago, manitoubass2 said:

Aaaaaaand this year? Celebrate losing karlson and possibly the franchise???

Ya gonna need a few more bottles to drown those sorrows ????

50 years of dreaming have taught you well how to dream!

Nice try though.

:P

58 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

While the market was a factor, so was the strain of the war. They struggled and never recovered. 

Feel confident? 

HAHAHAHAHA OK , Let's forget about Ottawa's near CENTURY of failure and focus on only the Leafs. Hmmmm let's weigh out losing vs not even being able to carry a team because nobody freaking cares... hahaha Whatever helps you feel better...chirping the Leafs and being an Suckator fan has GOT to hurt. Minus 70???!!!!! Bahahahaha!!!! Ottawa fan???...you're going to have to step up your trolling game!!!! Hehehehe Too funny!

1 minute ago, grimsbylander said:

HAHAHAHAHA OK , Let's forget about Ottawa's near CENTURY of failure and focus on only the Leafs. Hmmmm let's weigh out losing vs not even being able to carry a team because nobody freaking cares... hahaha Whatever helps you feel better...chirping the Leafs and being an Suckator fan has GOT to hurt. Minus 70???!!!!! Bahahahaha!!!! Ottawa fan???...you're going to have to step up your trolling game!!!! Hehehehe Too funny!

Hmmmm....if this conversation is going to continue, I'm going to have to insist you refrain from being "one of those"

laffs fans. After all we can have a discussion that leans on the realistic side.

Pm expected :)

2 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

OTTAWA : 30th

82 28 43 11 67 26 221 291 -70 16-19-6 12-24-5 2-7 2-8-0 L2

BAM! Mic drop....realistic enough?

Hey, it would be embarrassing for me to post all the failures the laffs have had in the last 50 years. Plus it would probably overload this forum.

And....you already know that.

Pretty lame rebuttals you have there!

To be expected though :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

This is fun...hahaha BTW, I do realize that I'm going to get roasted if the Leafs do anything other than win the Cup this year! LOL

The Leafs DO have a chance for a cup this year if things really went right, they could also easily go out in 4 or 5 in the first round, lol

see what happens, lookin' forward to game 1!

4 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Feel confident? 

Which war?  Didn't they leave the NHL around 1934?  That's about 17 years after WWI and five years before WWII.  Trying to blame their departure from the NHL on either of those wars is quite a stretch.

The remnants of the team did operate outside of the NHL until 1954.  So you may be able to blame the end to their misery on the Korean war.