2019-2020 Hockey Thread

I'm just glad we have current players that are up and coming stars in the game. How sad to be sitting near the bottom of the entire league and glamorizing a player that hasn't skated in 3 years and quit to go try to win a cup somewhere else. Lol omg Ottawa is such a pathetic team. Fire the coach!!! Fire the owner!!! Karlsson sucks!!! We almost made it to the finals!! Hahahahahaha What a dumpster fire that team is.

Matt you seemed to have missed the Melnyk post above....did you donate to the Melnyk out fund???? Lol 

9 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

I'm just glad we have current players that are up and coming stars in the game. How sad to be sitting near the bottom of the entire league and glamorizing a player that hasn't skated in 3 years and quit to go try to win a cup somewhere else. Lol omg Ottawa is such a pathetic team. Fire the coach!!! Fire the owner!!! Karlsson sucks!!! We almost made it to the finals!! Hahahahahaha What a dumpster fire that team is.

Matt you seemed to have missed the Melnyk post above....did you donate to the Melnyk out fund???? Lol 

Ahhh....once again the pot calling the kettle black lol.

Laffites have no rights under the " having sucked so long" NHL fans clause that prohibits fans of the laffs from critizing other teams during to their history of being the worst team ever in pro sports.

Therefor I cannot oblige your comment.

LoL

7 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Ahhh...the one trick pony! hahahaha "I cannot oblige your comment" on the grounds it may incriminate you as another typical Ottawa fairweather fan!!! :rofl2::rofl2: I'll take that as a resounding YEEESSSSS!!! LMAO

Ok, alrighty then.......are you going to share what you're smoking? 

LoL

I think they are giving Karlsson time off to spend with his wife after their loss and maybe give someone off their farm team a few games to see what the Nhl is like. Although everybody knows he will be traded eventually.

16 hours ago, mikeh said:

I think they are giving Karlsson time off to spend with his wife after their loss and maybe give someone off their farm team a few games to see what the Nhl is like. Although everybody knows he will be traded eventually.

You definitely have to respect that the guy wants to be with his wife and not on the road in a meaningless couple games. I give him that. I don't think any fan in the league (except maybe laff fans) would turn down a return of a bunch of potential stars and core players/prospects for a trade with an elite player. I'm a fan of Karlsson and will be even if he does leave. I'd like him to stay but if what the Sens get in return for him makes the team better, I'm ok with that as well. Players come and go, that's hockey.

30 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

You definitely have to respect that the guy wants to be with his wife and not on the road in a meaningless couple games. I give him that. I don't think any fan in the league (except maybe laff fans) would turn down a return of a bunch of potential stars and core players/prospects for a trade with an elite player. I'm a fan of Karlsson and will be even if he does leave. I'd like him to stay but if what the Sens get in return for him makes the team better, I'm ok with that as well. Players come and go, that's hockey.

That said everything accept the word rebuild. Dorion and Melynk will get it done. lol

8 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

I do agree that this totally shafts Tampa and Boston...but the leafs? I sure as hell dont want to face pittsburgh first round...I keep hearing leafs fans complaining about their tough match up...you wanna face the defending 2 time stanley cup champions in round 1? Hellllll no!

The only team getting the shaft here as the standings currently stand is Tampa...facing the 3rd in the east while being tied for first in the east in the first round is friggin ridiculous. So i feel for them if they are complaining. Regardless you have to beat the best to be the best 

I hear you but I don't think Pittsburgh is as strong this year as either Tampa or Boston. I know it's a gamble but yeah, I'd rather play Pittsburgh. Not like we have a choice lol  Plus, as an added bonus, if we lost to the Pens, we could cry all year that "we lost to the Stanley Cup Champs" like Ottawa has for 12 freaking months! hahahaha

13 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

I don't like the way it's done now either.

I think it was Dave Poulin on Leafs Lunch that said- Let the 1st place team in the conference PICK their 1st round opponent (from the playoff teams in their conference), then the 2nd place team picks their opponent from the remaining teams, 3rd place team picks, the last 2 remaining teams play each other.

I thought that would be a good way to do it and they could broadcast the picking live on TV. 

9 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Not lying while i wrote that he got 20 lol.  Crazy

The only drawback to this is that the bonuses our young guys hit this year roll into next years salary cap... So it's potentially a blessing Matthews won't hit some because of the time he's missed lol

30 minutes ago, leaf4 said:

The only drawback to this is that the bonuses our young guys hit this year roll into next years salary cap... So it's potentially a blessing Matthews won't hit some because of the time he's missed lol

If you think Matthews won't be asking for big bucks you're kidding yourself. 

Say goodbye to some key players that the cap will make impossible to keep.

Thats the way it is

Edited by muskymatt