Esnagami River Brook Trout Report

chris.brock

Hash tag this, Brock, Kewley, Dempsey and Misiak.

Trident is a widening of the Esnagami River which is known as a brook trout hot spot. This trip was a bit different because we were on assignment for Mike Borger's publication, Canada Fishing Guide. I was going to handle the online report and Adam was slated to write the print feature. We all jumped at the chance!

I know Mike himself hasn't been on here in months due to too much negative feedback and honestly I don't blame the guy. He's given a lot to this board over the years and I get where he's coming from. Only the people close to him know how much effort he's putting into this passion of his. We're friends, I know him, and up yours to the jealous guys sitting on the couch typing crap.

Anyhow I put together a pretty extensive report (for me) that's now up on the CFG site. Have a look, it's pretty cool especially if you're into brook trout!

http://www.canadafishingguide.net/trident-lake-outpost-a-brook-trout-bonanza/

I know Mike himself hasn't been on here in months due to too much negative feedback and honestly I don't blame the guy. He's given a lot to this board over the years and I get where he's coming from.

Guess I was away when the crap was happening. A pity too. I loved reading "the adventures of Solopaddler". Can't blame Mike for backing away.

P.S Great report.

Edited by bigugli

Awesome report man! Everything about the trip was fantastic, the weather..perfect, bugs in check till last day...except for Adam, fishing was stellar & of course the comradery, not going to lie my thoughts everyday has me still there wading the river!

Hash tag this, Brock, Kewley, Dempsey and Misiak.

Trident is a widening of the Esnagami River which is known as a brook trout hot spot. This trip was a bit different because we were on assignment for Mike Borger's publication, Canada Fishing Guide. I was going to handle the online report and Adam was slated to write the print feature. We all jumped at the chance!

I know Mike himself hasn't been on here in months due to too much negative feedback and honestly I don't blame the guy. He's given a lot to this board over the years and I get where he's coming from. Only the people close to him know how much effort he's putting into this passion of his. We're friends, I know him, and up yours to the jealous guys sitting on the couch typing crap.

Anyhow I put together a pretty extensive report (for me) that's now up on the CFG site. Have a look, it's pretty cool especially if you're into brook trout!

Thanks for posting Chris,

I have his site book marked as well as one of my morning checks to see if there is anything new.

Too bad about Mike not being around here anymore though, even though I am sure some of his reports will be scaled back due to the magazine.

Can't wait to read this one.

Really enjoyed reading about your trip.

Sounds like a great place to go.

As Mike had said to you, it's the people that make the trip and it appears you had a good bunch of guys who all enjoyed the fish cooperating to make it even better.

I'll echo what others have said that it's too bad Mike has decided to stay away from here.

I understand a few rotten apples can leave a bitter taste when he's trying to share his great experiences.

Just hope he realizes that the vast majority of us on here really enjoyed reading about his adventures and all that he contributed to the site.