Are you ready for them pickeral ?

misfish

Anyone can catch a walleye,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

Sunday will be here soon enough and I figured better get me some harness,s tied up. Seems from my intel, I dont have the fav colours for the waters we will be fishing, so I guess this will do, but I will be making a stop after work to get some colours that are to be needed.

Tying these are fun and easy.

008_zps5gu1qlzx.jpg

One of them ,I used the blades from a broken spinner bait. Hey, waste not want not. Recycle.LOL

Still nearly a month away from opener here, and with this late spring (yet again) things will be off to a slow start so I think I'll stick with squaretails until mid-June, then shift gears :Gonefishing:

I like the gold colorado blade harness, would make a great clear water/cold front presentation, if you send me some I will give you some great promotional shots :whistling:

anyone care to give a brother some tips? I still havent solved the spring walleye bite in 14...been fishing it a long time and spent a lot of time getting skunked.

Depths, structure? anything ? :dunno:

I can usually catch them come may 24, but the opener has always been a mystery for me.

anyone care to give a brother some tips? I still havent solved the spring walleye bite in 14...been fishing it a long time and spent a lot of time getting skunked.

Depths, structure? anything ? :dunno:

I can usually catch them come may 24, but the opener has always been a mystery for me.

shallow warm water pulling small cranks like flicker minnows on planer boards is what works here

try to find murky water

Edited by Dara

how shallow are we talking?

even 3 or 4 feet

they like the shallow bays that warm up quick

if the water is 45-48F and you find a 50-55 degree spot, work it...run fast enough to make the bait work proper.

small baits because minnows are still small this time of year

and all day long, thats why you need boards

big flat shallow bays

it may be a bit different here because we are in 14 but its kinda like inland lakes rather than great lakes up the St Marys

Edited by Dara

Last year opener in div17. Was slow in usual spots only hit 3 4 fish all morning. On a hunch starting working inside weed edge in 3 ft of water in middle of day was hammer time.

Watching. Big eyes chase your Bucktail and inhale it is awesome