I need to rant !!!

Beans

You people are ignorant no wonder this board is such a joke now and is a total shadow of its former self. I'm done with this place. You can go back to being racists now I wont miss this place its not like there is any useful fishing information or a decent community here anymore just a bunch of self righteous rednecks that the times have passed by. I feel sorry for the few decent posters left but they are close to being run off anyways (Borger etc)

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You people are ignorant no wonder this board is such a joke now and is a total shadow of its former self. I'm done with this place. You can go back to being racists now I wont miss this place its not like there is any useful fishing information or a decent community here anymore just a bunch of self righteous rednecks that the times have passed by. I feel sorry for the few decent posters left but they are close to being run off anyways (Borger etc)

Excuse me........but now who's the racist bigot calling others "rednecks"......

I guess it's OK for you to express your opinion but when others do you run home crying racist......HUH ! ! !

BTW......you'll be back ! ! !

Edited by Mister G

Well...better luck today...after dialing the number every couple of minutes for 15 minutes, I got through to Service Ontario, got put on hold for 20 minutes (thanks for the tip about putting the call on speaker phone)...It took about 5 minutes to book the appointment...

The only small problem is that the booking is 19 days after my license expires...they will issue me a temporary extension...

I have a similar situation in regard to contacting CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) about my wife's income tax returns. I have dialed the 1-800 numbers numerous times to only get a busy signal or a message "all agents are busy assisting other customers". I finally gave up. They're with holding her refund from last year. $198.00. They state she has not filed income tax returns from previous years. I have in my possession 7 years tax returns, Notice of Assessment, & Statement of account. Statement of account shows $0 dollars owing. There are so many different offices, I'm sure 1 office doesn't know what the other is doing! Today I'm going to contact my MPP. Good tip - Thanx

You would need to see your MP about CRA issues.

I'm sorry if I'm tired of the anti refugee Bull that gets spouted. Yes I do think it needs a rest and I will stand up for against it as is my right. This country was built on helping others and immigration.

I'm not defending TO anglers outburst, but he does have a point.

Constant insinuation from board regulars that refugees are abusers of the system who are handed everything while white people get nothing.

This is A-OK with the mods apparently, despite the fact that it is racist and millions of Canadians aren't white. Apparently we aren't worried about offending them and them leaving the site.

"I'm tired of the racism"

Hey don't let the door hit you on the way out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Really?!?!

Is this how the mods and regulars on this board want our community to be perceived on the subject of diversity?

I'm not defending TO anglers outburst, but he does have a point.

Constant insinuation from board regulars that refugees are abusers of the system who are handed everything while white people get nothing.

This is A-OK with the mods apparently, despite the fact that it is racist and millions of Canadians aren't white. Apparently we aren't worried about offending them and them leaving the site.

"I'm tired of the racism"

Hey don't let the door hit you on the way out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Really?!?!

Is this how the mods and regulars on this board want our community to be perceived on the subject of diversity?

Hey Dutch01 the original comment was about refugees, NOTHING at all was said or even vaguely implied about race.

Hey Dutch01 the original comment was about refugees, NOTHING at all was said or even vaguely implied about race.

The original comment was:

"You need to be a refugee they will come to you and take care of everything for you"

The implication is that no one has taken care of him because he is not a refugee. It is not a stretch to read racism into this comment. The original commenter is free to add clarifying remarks if they see fit.

I also was not singling out that one comment, but rather a plethora of comments on the board recently, some veiled as in this case, some overt.

I recently had a heated discussion with a member named moxie, some of you may remember it. I'm not singling out moxie here, simply using him to reference the thread. Some other members made derogatory comments about immigrants and/or refugees. I received a message from a member who is a visible minority thanking me for speaking up. He was frustrated with what he perceived to be racism, but was afraid to speak out because English is not his first language. I don't think it's good for the community to have members feeling unwelcome- but hey it's not my website. Carry on then.

Edited by Dutch01

Race was never mentioned. Further, you don't have to be a white Canadian to get hooped by the system. The wind is blowing really hard in here.

I've explained why I felt the comment was racist, it doesn't matter that race wasn't mentioned specifically.

Hey Jimmer - thanx again for the tip. To clarify, I have the necessary paperwork in hand that states the balance owing is $0 dollars yet they are with holding her $198.00 refund. I have dialed that phone number numerous times. It's a joke. I suppose 1 day I'll have to make a trip to the CRA office in St. Catharines, & make an attempt to get it sorted out. It's the fact that you cannot reach these people that makes me angry.

My comment "You need to be a refuge they will come to you and take care of everything for you!" was in referance to the fact that our government was meeting refugees on arrival and supplying them with SIN numbers, Health Cards, Drivers Licenses........ on the spot!

Anyone that thinks I am racist hasn't taken the time to know me at all. I have close friends of many nationalities, religions, and sexual orientations (among other things) and I treat each and every one of them with the love and respect they deserve.

Am I anti government? Well, I'm anti anything that bullies people and I do believe that we are being bullied more by the current government than ever before and I'm not afraid to say it publically.

To TO angler, you are 35, I am 70, I've lived and worked two of your life times already, is it possible I might know something you don't? I hope you'll stick around it wouldn't be any fun if everyone on here always agreed with me.

My comment "You need to be a refuge they will come to you and take care of everything for you!" was in referance to the fact that our government was meeting refugees on arrival and supplying them with SIN numbers, Health Cards, Drivers Licenses........ on the spot!

Anyone that thinks I am racist hasn't taken the time to know me at all. I have close friends of many nationalities, religions, and sexual orientations (among other things) and I treat each and every one of them with the love and respect they deserve.

Am I anti government? Well, I'm anti anything that bullies people and I do believe that we are being bullied more by the current government than ever before and I'm not afraid to say it publically.

To TO angler, you are 35, I am 70, I've lived and worked two of your life times already, is it possible I might know something you don't? I hope you'll stick around it wouldn't be any fun if everyone on here always agreed with me.

Well Cliff this happened to me last week. I applied for pension (old but still working) Been here for 56 years and have been employed since 1968! Paid my share of taxes . .

I HAVE TO PROOVE who I am! Where do think I got the dates from and addresses or my employment records!

IF they have to do it it could take 6 months! Noboby gave us free clothing or instant anything!

They were not handed Healthcards and Drivers licences on the spot. The only thing they were given were Social Insurance Cards. We'll blame old age on this 'oopsie' :) :)

Cliff, I don't know you personally, but I know you have been here a long time and earned a lot of good will around here. In light of your clarification, I retract my statements as they relate to your comment, and I apologize for any offense I have caused you.

I believe the larger point still stands; board members of all stripes should feel welcome here among fellow fishermen regardless of where they came from or how they got here.