I need to rant !!!

Beans

I think that's a bit of a stretch.

The fast tracked, huge influx of Syrian refugees is a unique circumstance, not the usual immigration process. If someone has concerns about it, it doesn't mean they are racist or anti-immigration.

Chris, I wasn't calling anyone specific out there, I was speaking in a more general sense regarding the exercise of freedom of speech.

I haven't seen anyone overly cross the line on this site, but I've seen guys dance around it in other threads. And as I, mentioned, it did affect at least one member who is an immigrant enough that they emailed me about it.

Just because you have the right to say something doesn't mean it's right to say it.

Edited by Dutch01

Many Liberals see racism everywhere and with everything because they love to play the race card to their advantage. Only thing, many of us now consider it old and worn out and are tired of it and see them as the racists now. And that is why racism never goes away.....

If I'm a liberal, it's with a small "l".

I gain no personal advantage when I defend my friends against bigotry. I'd like to understand that comment better.

I fish Balsam a lot, and regularly run into a large group of Asian anglers at my spot. Over time we have become friendly and now we talk, lend tackle, share minnows etc.

Sometimes I walk down shore a little to try a spot, and some guy will say "i see you got tired of all the chinks".

It disgusts me.

It's un-Canadian.

And it happens a lot.

Racism is alive and well in Canada. Maybe you just don't see it as often as I do.

Edited by Dutch01

If I'm a liberal, it's with a small "l".

I gain no personal advantage when I defend my friends against bigotry. I'd like to understand that comment better.

I fish Balsam a lot, and regularly run into a large group of Asian anglers at my spot. Over time we have become friendly and now we talk, lend tackle, share minnows etc.

Sometimes I walk down shore a little to try a spot, and some guy will say "i see you got tired of all the chinks".

It disgusts me.

It's un-Canadian.

And it happens a lot.

Racism is alive and well in Canada. Maybe you just don't see it as often as I do.

Maybe I would rather just enjoy my life then look for racism all the time...............stop being offended by everyone and everything and move on and you too can enjoy life because it don't last forever. But my guess you won't because you love to find racism and can't wait to point it out.

Maybe I would rather just enjoy my life then look for racism all the time...............stop being offended by everyone and everything and move on and you too can enjoy life because it don't last forever. But my guess you won't because you love to find racism and can't wait to point it out.

....good advice

Oh well if one person got affected by a post on a thread on the Internet ,we should lock down the site and revisit our rights and obligations

So because it's the internet, there are no limits?. That's not correct, legally speaking.

Free speech doesn't apply here, OFC rules do. An OFC member complained to me about feeling unwelcome due to anti-immigrant sentiment.

I will be happy to forward his message to the mods in PM if they wish(i'm sure they can read them anyways).

Edited by Dutch01

Wow. Did you even read my post?

People call my friends "chinks", but I'm the one looking for racism?

I think you're just looking for Liberals.

Edited by Dutch01

I find it ironic and amusing that people are complaining about ranting in a thread called "I need to rant!".

I find it ironic and amusing that people are going on about free speech, while suggesting I don't exercise mine.

What a strange thread....

One thing you got to remember - everyone's experiences in life are not the same - a person may not like someone of a particular race because of the experiences that this person had with members of a particular race - sure its easy to say - don't judge an entire race because of a few - maybe if you had the same experiences you would feel different - let me give you an example -

Your walking down the street and you see this pit bull coming your way - your've been bitten by a pit bull on two occasions before - so you cross the street - so you tell me not to judge all pit bulls by the ones that bit you - well I'll tell you something - I ain't taking any chances - I'm crossing the street -

When you live in a multicultural society there are certain cultures that are in direct opposition to your culture - its pretty hard to embrace everyone - that is unless your made of wood -

How in the Lord's name does a thread on waiting for someone to answer the phone turn into a racial prejudice slash politically correct thing. Chris Berman voice " Come on Man".

Ya...What he said...Start your own damn thread...LOL

One thing you got to remember - everyone's experiences in life are not the same - a person may not like someone of a particular race because of the experiences that this person had with members of a particular race - sure its easy to say - don't judge an entire race because of a few - maybe if you had the same experiences you would feel different - let me give you an example -

Your walking down the street and you see this pit bull coming your way - your've been bitten by a pit bull on two occasions before - so you cross the street - so you tell me not to judge all pit bulls by the ones that bit you - well I'll tell you something - I ain't taking any chances - I'm crossing the street -

When you live in a multicultural society there are certain cultures that are in direct opposition to your culture - its pretty hard to embrace everyone - that is unless your made of wood -

'mericans are awesome!!! :) :)