Thank you to whoever dropped some food off at our house.

DT10Sam

I just learned that a member of OFC dropped some food off at our house on New Years Day. My kids thanked them and they left in a hurry not wanting to be given credit I assume. I have been battling cancer and just before Christmas we were informed that Kingston General Hospital cancer clinic can no longer assist me and they could not say how much time I have left. I will be going to Princess Margaret Hospital on Monday in hopes that they have some meds that will keep me around longer.

Again I don't know who you are but my family and I thank you, it was someone in a blue Chevy pickup fairly new model.

Regards,

Sam

:angry: Sorry to hear of this dreaded disease has struck you... hope you can get the help you need there as they did a lot with Waynes daughter l believe it was there. The gift to received from someone from the OFC Family does not surprise me at all. Prayers for you my friend

Well Sam you're headed to the right place, PMH and Mount Sinai pretty much work together and have the best of the best within their walls. In the 5 years we spent running the halls there they made leaps and bounds in advancement. Hopefully they have the right ticket for you! :canadian:

Not something you want to read about. Hang in brother OFC er, it's amazing what the medics can do today. There are many survivors of this crap disease,myself included. I only have to get an annual checkup, 4 years since surgery. You can join the club too. My sis-in-law got to ring the golden bell just last week. She was given 6 months to a year 2 years ago and she rang the all clear to live your life bell. So can you.

Whomever donated the food, you are the bomb.

Do not give up the ship. The Mrs is still doing fine since treatment completed over 2 years back. The brother-in-law is still hanging in despite a number of inoperable tumors. He has now gone 2 Christmases longer than expected. thanks to PMH.

Edited by bigugli

Best of luck! Princess Margaret has wonderful facities from what Ive heard. My mother is battling with lung/liver cancer and has crippled her. Having meals/food dropped off is such a huge help! There's a lot of caring helpful people In this world! Keep fighting!

That is not great news. But, that said, some of the best in the country are there at PMH. Do not give up hope. Ask for any options they have be it conventional or experimental. Good luck and kudos to whomever dropped off some food to you.