Anybody working over Christmas ??

lew

I used to always work Christmas or New Years alot, infact so often it just became another day but that's all behind me now and I sure don't miss working those times.

Howzbout you guys, anyone stuck working the Holidays ??

Off christmas. I'm actually sad I'm not working NYE.

Back when I used to bartend, working NYE was the best, people would get you drunk for free, you still got to talk to the pretty ladies (more so then if you wern't working) and my pockets would often be full after the night. Sure beats paying $100 for an evening.

My boss forgot to ask me if I wanted to come in over the holidays. I will grieve it when I get back and hopefully get another Christmas bonus cheque, Hahahaha

I'm surprised in you chris...

During the holidays when most do what they can to give and be kind.... Instead of pointing out the mistake and EARNING your pay your choosing to capitalize on your bosses mistake for your own financial gains...

If you weren't aware and found out afterwords I understand you being mad for a missed opportunity but your sitting back and letting it happen...

Actions like this make me sick to my stomach

I'm surprised in you chris...

During the holidays when most do what they can to give and be kind.... Instead of pointing out the mistake and EARNING your pay your choosing to capitalize on your bosses mistake for your own financial gains...

If you weren't aware and found out afterwords I understand you being mad for a missed opportunity but your sitting back and letting it happen...

Actions like this make me sick to my stomach

I know what you're saying but you would have to experience the workplace before you make judgement. It's a constant battle, it's stupid and unproductive but that's the way it operates.

I got boned all week now it's time for my 10 inches.

I know what you're saying but you would have to experience the workplace before you make judgement. It's a constant battle, it's stupid and unproductive but that's the way it operates.

I got boned all week now it's time for my 10 inches.

If that's the case Chris I hope your actively looking for a job where they will treat you better...

I can't stand when employees and employers try to stick it to one another....

Going in for my 12 hr shift tomorrow morning at triple time, then home for dinner. My daughters only 5 mths old so I wasn't concerned about being there Xmas morning, next year may be a different story

Woooweeee who pays triple time and how can I meet them! Haha

Worked the holidays for over 20 years depending on the schedule until I went on days. I hated it. If we shut down we had to start up with everything frozen and that was a pain plus dangerous and if we ran we had to dump Hot Metal into the pits. Often the pits would blow to Kingdome come. and the mushroom clouds could be seen in Toronto. That was before Health and Safety and MOE legislation.

Myself,I took a month off. Some downtime between two jobs. I had hoped to spend some of that time on the ice..!!

No dice.

Though I don't work Christmas, My GF does, and has for the last two years.

So we are changing Christmas to the 26 this year. No biggie, it's just a square on a calender.

The rule for maintenance guys Lew is, work during shut downs. In the past, I would be looking for a break as to all the hours and days I had put in over the year, but still needed to get things done. Since I have stepped back and working 40-44 hr weeks the past few months, I am not so stressed about working them. Off today til sunday, then have some machines to over haul and move, monday to wed. Then off til the 5th of jan. Life is good. Or getting better I should say.

Happy holidays to you and Di. :santa: