Any R/C guys here ....NF

2 tone z71

There's an RC club that rents part of a farm field just a couple miles from me. They cut the runways every week and really look after the place, even got an outhouse there.

I often go over just to watch them fly the planes & helicopters.

...I picked up a used heli ,,only thing that got hurt was the heli and my wallet from replacement parts lol...lots of fun thou

This thing is insane... Been watching a lot of YouTube videos on operation of it before I even attempt to fly it.... Still have to get a few parts for it, Gloplugs etc.... I'll be sure to post video of its maiden flight/destruction lol

There is an RC airport/club on a farm down the road. I've stopped to watch when I see a group of guys "playing" with their toys. They can get serious and I quickly found out they are not "playing". When I found out how much one of their planes or Choppers cost they sure aren't playing. I've paid less for cars that I can drive on the road. We used to have a clay tennis court at the back of the property that I let go to weed. A few years back neighbours asked if they could put in an RC track, be my guest. They brought in a few yards of soil and made rails with weeping tile complete with jumps etc. In the winter they actually had RC Snow machines.They haven't used it for a few years because the kids are all in their 40's now and their kids destroy the big kids off roaders. It is fun. I tied about 20 yards of line on one of those RC boats the neighbours grand kids had and a Rappala but got skunked. They tried for days and finally caught a Smallie, that was neat to hear the kids screaming.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

As a child I always had the cheap Radio Shack RC's and dreamed of having a nice one. When my eldest son turned 7 last year I decided it was a good time to get a fast RC for him (and me!). I didn't wanted to spend too much and most faster RC cars aren't recommended for young kids. I found a great little car from Dromida (http://www.dromida.com/ - they also do helicopters) that was around $120 and hits around 40km/h. The cars from Dromida also have a great feature, you can adjust the throttle back for kids or people just learning. I've been very impressed with the build quality - these new car are 10x better than the ones I had as a young lad!

We have had a blast with it so far, but he's already asking for something bigger and faster to go off road! I highly recommend these if you have a child showing interest in RC cars.

Here his is landing his first front flip off the curb - https://instagram.com/p/uehmH4sfaQ/

Edited by Fishing Fury

I am an R/C guy with planes and have been flying for 5 years now. We fly a mixture of gas engine planes and electric engine planes at a sod farm near Queensville.

I am in the process of building a WWII Mustang which will house a gas engine when done. It it quite large with 60" wingspan and built from balsa. It is my new winter hobby!

I had an old "falcon" track car growing up (still have it too but just never tried to bring it back to life). Got my kids a few basic trucks to tinker with while at the cottage so I may have to see if the falcon can be reborn and if so, yeah I'll be back in the 4 wheel hobby version of RC

As a child i loved r/c cars and trucks.

Ask for new ones every christmas lol

Eventually id destroy them building jumps and just doing silly stuff with them

One of my friends flies planes now and he helped me fil alot of my sturgeon footage with my gopros.

Hes an awesome pilot but im always nervous he'll losw my cameras lol

Hes a spaz he can fix or rig anything lol, and hes almost 60!

I cant justify the costs but its infectious to see the fun and passion he has for planes and cars!

I am in the process of building a WWII Mustang which will house a gas engine when done. It it quite large with 60" wingspan and built from balsa. It is my new winter hobby!

Wish you luck, some of those low wing models can be a real witch to fly. However when they're up there, they sure are nice to watch.