2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

Really???? have you watched some of the games from the 70's when teams weren't coached? The level of play today is much more exciting. The problem occurs when players refuse to buy into the system.

I guess it is trending upward again, but there is no scoring anymore. How many 50 goal scorers do you see? The whole game now is get it to the point, have the guy blast it at 100 mph and hope for a tip or a screen in front. You get the odd burst of speed and skill, but coached hockey like this can get boring really fast. Worse than football. lol

The one thing I will say though, is I'm glad with the new style of hockey there isn't room for goons anymore. But at the same time I wish there was more room for the real skill guys to skate and make plays. The 3 on 3 overtime is a blast to watch, just for that (until coaches find a way to ruin it).

I guess it is trending upward again, but there is no scoring anymore. How many 50 goal scorers do you see? The whole game now is get it to the point, have the guy blast it at 100 mph and hope for a tip or a screen in front. You get the odd burst of speed and skill, but coached hockey like this can get boring really fast. Worse than football. lol

The one thing I will say though, is I'm glad with the new style of hockey there isn't room for goons anymore. But at the same time I wish there was more room for the real skill guys to skate and make plays. The 3 on 3 overtime is a blast to watch, just for that (until coaches find a way to ruin it).

It would be nice if they made all the rinks Olympic size.

There really isn't much room on the ice with the size of players these days.

It would be nice if they made all the rinks Olympic size.

There really isn't much room on the ice with the size of players these days.

Dang! Why didn't I think of that? That's what the problem is....the leafs need a larger rink. :D

I wonder how long Babs is going to last....He's starting to stutter in his post game interviews.

I like the comments that Babcock made to the Leafs. Finally a coach that says it the way it is.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/27/babcock-lays-into-leafs-after-yet-another-loss

I agree 100%. That work ethic and desire to win is a must at the pro level. Never mind the score. The fans come to watch a hockey game that demonstrates the best of the best (pros). Just mailing it in is NOT acceptable. I'll watch PeeWees if the players are NOT giving up.

Way ta go Babs. I may become a Leaf fan yet.

You got that right.

He tells it like it is and holds everyone accountable.

I was very happy when Babs signed on as the Leafs coach and this is the reason why.

He will given time mold the Leafs into a winner. Just watch. ;)

He is right that the team did not play well last night like they had in previous games this year.

His dressing room speech during the second intermission did some good though as the team picked it up in the third.

PK in the last couple of games as well as inconsistent goal tending are big issues.

GO LEAFS GO!! :)

I know, I sound like a broken record, but ... the Leafs played a decent game.... We stunk for a bit, but picked it up in the end, making a good run at it.

How long has it been since we saw the Leafs actually come back in a game...last few years we'd play a strong couple periods, and collapse in the 3rd...like clockwork .

Now we have a structure that motivates the team to give it their all right to the end. Good coaching!

Second year of peewee and mah boy got a hat trick first game!!! Nice goals too, two back hands bar down and a one timer from the slot!

I love the NHL but kids hockey is friggen awesome!!!!

I don't watch minor hockey anymore, but I did go to my girlfriends youngest brothers game the other day and it was booooring, they live in a suburb of Hamilton and their team is 9 players, of which half are 11, and the rest are 12-14 with 3 girls who appear to still be learning to skate haha, I remember hockey when I was 14 being much better, when I have a kid he's going in power skating like I did early and playing competitive hockey not house league :P

Congrats on your sons hat trick!

I don't watch minor hockey anymore, but I did go to my girlfriends youngest brothers game the other day and it was booooring, they live in a suburb of Hamilton and their team is 9 players, of which half are 11, and the rest are 12-14 with 3 girls who appear to still be learning to skate haha, I remember hockey when I was 14 being much better, when I have a kid he's going in power skating like I did early and playing competitive hockey not house league :P

Thanks!

That sucks, the kids hockey up here is unreal good!

The players, coaches, refs, all of it!

All the dads go out and play with kids on off days and it sure makes a difference!

Look at some of the local areas players, we have wicked development. Toews, keith etc.

Its soo fun to watch!

I was a good hockey player, and my son is already twice what I was at his age

Part of the reason might be there is now zone triple A teams. They draw the best rep players off of many of the local teams. The local teams draw the best players out of house league. And the House League well ..........you saw the result. I feel for the good player stuck at the lower level (usually becasue of finances) with no good players to play with. Hard to develop when your wingers can't skate.

I worry about Babcock's energy level. The slugs can wear a good coach out!! I'm not concerned about his job security more about his sanity. Time for Shannie to send a message. Somebody has got to go and I'd suggest it be the guy wearing the C. That will send a message.