How Fast Does Your Boat Go ?

Mister G

04 Crestliner 1600 Angler w/05 50 hp Johnson 2 stroke. 31 solo in optimum conditions, 29 mph with a partner. Max cap rated for a 75 but if I can get insurance to strap a 90 hp 2 stroke Yammie (Only 60 lb heavier than the 50) on the transom who knows what she'll top out at but I'd like to find out.

21ft Lowe Fishing Machine with Evinrude 150hp Ficht Ram Injection 2-stroke with stainless 4 blade prop (can't remember the pitch or dia, we have it in the file though if anyone wants it) - 52mph empty with one person & ~43mph with 4 people, 2 dogs and gear. (Father's boat)

12ft Salter Mountaineer inflatable -20hp Suzuki DT20 2-stroke - 32mph empty with one person & ~25mph with 2 people and gear.

-55lb trolling motor I get just under 5mph on a good day.

-On lakes that don't allow motors - depends on how much caffeine I've had.

2008 Smokercraft Pro V 182. 18.2 feet, with 8 foot beam. Powered by 115HP Mercury Optimax. With 2 people, and full load of gear/tank, I have had it as high as 42MPH - WOT. Or course it was as smooth as glass that time. Average is more like 40 to 41 MPH, via the GPS.

RPM's show 6000 - but I doubt that gauge. There is supposed to be an over speed warning at 5800 (or so) and a limiter at 6000.

Running a 3 Blade 21P. Thinking of going to a 4 blade 19P, maybe next year.