Really ? You didnt see me fishing here?

misfish

Guess I was just too happy to be out fishing again, I didnt feal like yelling or explaining fishing etiquette to these guys.

BUT

If anyone knows these guys, maybe you can talk to them in thier language and explain fishing etiquette.

Edited by Brian B

they are nearly in your back pocket

LOL

They were in Terrys lap before this. Even a jet ski guy made a comment believe it or not. Do you think they are close enough. LMAO

Alls good, just hope maybe they see this or some of thier friends and say thats a NO NO. LOL

Glad you got out bet it felt great

It was AWESOME

Nothing like top water before dawn on glass waters. Sorry ya missed the action bud. Need to be up at 4 am now to get on the water for the early bite. Darn changing of the sun rise time.LOL

I had the same issue when I was crappie fishing in the spring.. I was in a canoe near the shore catching some nice ones right under me and 2 guys on land showed up and put their floats right next to the canoe...

I had the same thoughts, Dave.

Perspective is everything, and I'd bet it is the lens.

I have to add though that inexperienced anglers seem to be drawn like a magnet to any other boat/s on the lake. The places to fish on most lakes, (including Simcoe)are huge, so the newbies naturally want to assume everybody else out there knows "the spots"

Now, if you want to compare to what those of us go through on the rivers for Steelhead?

People moving in so close that you can touch them with your rod! (In fact I've been tempted to do it!)

So, Loogans are everywhere, and dealing with them is a PITA.

For every one we enlighten to the etiquette, there will be three that need it.

IMO

Glad I left there, got tired of what u went thru , in the winter some thing put his line in my sons hole I had just drilled just off snake is. He was driving a tin box car, opened his door and thru his line down the hole before my son finished rigging up, I wont say any more except I jigged his spoon up from the bottom 1 hr later, needless to say I offered to give it back to him,,,,but I could not find him :ninja:

It's even more annoying when you're in a tube, like you are. Has happened a couple times to me as well Brian, except that one time it pushed me to leave an area, kick twenty minutes to cross a lake to a spot that usually sucks, only to find that spot loaded with largies willing to hit a buzzbait. Karma will get you and them back. lol.

That is one of those things that drive me nuts. I was at my buddies cottage this weekend and we didn't have a boat up there so we are fishing off the dock. The polite fishermen will pull out their lines and go around my buddies dock before continuing to shore fish for bass. The morons will pull to within 10 feet of the dock and pitch less then a few inches away from where we are sitting.

Once Nikki and I were on Restoule using worms and catching small bass and sunfish. A guy in a boat pitches a massive spinner right beside the kayak and says 'I want to see if all those small fish are attracting any Muskie'. I responded 'you try that again and you won't see anything because I'll give you two black eyes'.

Edited by jeremy84

Man o man ,this just happened to us yesterday on sparrow , nice lake but I couldn't believe my eyes, first I see 2 guys in a white little dingy gun it and park no more than 10 feet from 2 other fellas that were on the spot for a while, as I shook my head in disbelief I thought what would I do if thay happened to me , fast forward 5hrs we are sitting on a point off an island , low and behold I see a black Lund coming at me with his trolling motor down, I figure there is now way this clown is going to come right in front of us , well I was wrong 5 min later and 5 feet from the boat buddy slowly cruises by not a care in the world. I could feel my blood pressure rising as I raised my arms in the air in amazement, luckily my fishing partner just said let it go, which I did but really these lakes are big enough for everyone to enjoy! I don't understand some people , it's just etiquette and respect for people, I just hope I don't ever come across this fella again as next time there may be a cast or two coming his way.

I have that happen on the time on the lake my folks live on. Some 'fool' will come up within 10 feet of me all the time. Next time his pic get's posted here. There is a huge area he could travel around me but nope he never does...

*edit to add* and yes it's the same 'fool' every time...

Edited by GBW

Ok, so there's a guy fishing your FAVOURITE spot. Do you go somewhere else?

I"ve been in both situations. If somebody is where I want to be, and there is enough room, I'll get to talking distance, be a nice guy, and shoot the bull. If I don't get the right vibe, I leave.

I hate when your on an spot, and guys get close too. I'm sure we all do, but none of us own the lakes.

Can't really win, eh?

S.