How old is OFC/OFC?

Big Cliff

The 'Zoo' board was a completely different site. I think 1999 was the first year for this site; I found out about this site from a post on the Zoo board.

It was at least that old; I actually won a trip to Lake Nippissing from this site in 1999. I think it was Thanks Giving weekend. I couldn't accept it because it was too close to my son's due date; he was born on Oct 26, 1999.

Chris and Canadave did most of the posting back in the beginning.

If I remember correctly I asked the same question just after I joined. Maybe another site. Because of this site I have been able to stop some meds. Because of this site my Dr's have put me on other meds.

Yes Spiel I recognize you from that 15 year old pic. We have all changed in 15 years. Some more than others. I'm not called Johnny The Body anymore that's a for sure.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Yes Spiel I recognize you from that 15 year old pic. We have all changed in 15 years. Some more than others. I'm not called Johnny The Body anymore that's a for sure.

LOL.....I more "body" JD than I ever was, not in a good way mind you .... ;)

I've been hanging around here a loooong time. I remember back in early 2000's driving along hwy 17 near Sturgeon Falls & TJ had a billboard advertising "Ontario Fishing.Net" I was so excited, I said to my wife "that's the new fishing message board I just joined" Although my member profile shows December 2009 as the joined date - I know it was much earlier than that. On that same trip I purchased a Mariner outboard from the marine dealer in Sturgeon. Probably 2001 or 2002. Great info here!

I believe the sign is still there. I saw a sign on 69 before you get to Maskinonje Lodge for OFC as well. And my wife went through the same spiel, too funny Brain, I mean Brian.

I was offline for about 12 years here at home until we finally got hi speed. I was a member on OHFA 12 years ago. They no longer have a forum???

Edited by Old Ironmaker

And howcum everytime I type OF..."ENN"...it comes up as OFC ??

Most forums have a "replacement variables" feature where you can force any word to be replaced automatically. On my forums, anyone that drops a "DERP" will see "DERP" instead.

In this case the owner/programmer wanted to enforce the use of OFC because users were still typing out O-F-N.

Most forums have a "replacement variables" feature where you can force any word to be replaced automatically. On my forums, anyone that drops an F-bomb will see "DERP" instead.

In this case the owner/programmer wanted to enforce the use of OFC because users were still typing out O-F-N.

damn this place!!

I'm at work and want to try it out.....