Fish Farmer is at it again!

Spiel

Good guy Dave (you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer guy!) is hard at it again volunteering yesterday and today (that's three of the last six days) along with a number of volunteers from a few of the local clubs (Stelco Fishing Club, Dofasco Fishing Club and the Rotary Club) to get special needs kids and adults a chance to do some inner city fishing.

http://www.hamiltonamrotary.ca/

The local pool to me is drained and refilled with fresh water then stocked with Rainbow Trout.

I took Brook over for a bit to take in a little of the activities and grabbed a few pictures.

Couldn't stay as long as I'd hoped but will plan to help at length next year leaving Brook at home.

xIZncwg.jpg

MnoNXk0.jpg

C9vVIp6.jpg

wFmqLqJ.jpg

wpuMasi.jpg

Thanks you guys, it's just something WE us guys enjoy to make others not so fortunate. Being retired, it gets one doing something in the community that we enjoy about fishing, not just about catching.

I love seeing these kids so happy, you have to be there to understand. I don't like to admit, but some times it brings a tear to my eye. At 66, you still can tear.

Absolutely great guys! I've been involved with Community Living and I know how much these folks look forward to and cherish experiences like this. Hope next year there's an opportunity to get involved and help out! :clapping:

BRAVO-WOW !

..Fish Farmer and Crew..without question, you folks embody the Spirit of 'Take A Kid Fishing'

Dig the pics-Thanks!

This world needs more people like you Dave

Paul and Crew

Lake Simcoe

eyes to the skies--sketchy weather on Simcoe by the LOOK s of it

OH--HAPPY MOMS DAY TJ

Couldn't resist

is that still inch park?

I remember going when I was maybe 12.....

23 years later, and going strong I see.

awesome stuff!

Seems the link I provided Steve is to general info so I'll copy and paste the related info here.

The Denny Leeson Memorial Urban Fishing Project was started by the Rotary Club of Hamilton Sunset over 25 years ago and has now been adopted as a project by the Hamilton AM Club. This year this "fishing derby" will take place on May 4 - 7, 2015, at the outdoor Parkdale Arena Pool located at 1770 Main Street East, Hamilton. Along with the fishermen volunteers and the City of Hamilton, our club provides a fun fishing experience to the greater Hamilton region’s special needs community. The derby takes place annually, in the first full week of May, from Monday to Thursday. In all, some 360 participants of all ages get their turn at holding a rod and trying to ‘catch a big one’. If you are interested in volunteering or making a donation to support this event, please contact Sandy Marincic at [email protected] or at 905-536-6494.

Urban Fishing - who knew it could be so much fun!
NA4U_banner_ad_Club-Supplies.jpg
Posted by John Janisse
on May 08, 2014
This year our club joined the support team of the Denny Leeson Memorial Urban Fishing Project. Through Rotary, Club member Sandy Marincic has been involved in funding the event for the past 25 years, and been its chief organizer for the past seven. Along with the fishermen volunteers and the City of Hamilton, we provided a fun fishing experience to the greater Hamilton region’s special needs community. The derby takes place annually, in the first full week of May, from Monday to Thursday. In all, some 360 participants of all ages get their turn at holding a rod and trying to ‘catch a big one’.

noah-fishing.jpg

“It was great to see the looks of apprehension turn into wonder and joy as the kids really got into it”, said John Janisse, who cooked hot dogs on Tuesday while a group of 24 young people had their turn at Parkdale Pool.

Our guests wouldn’t have this opportunity without Denny Leeson’s dedication over 30 years. Denny passed away in the summer of 2013, and the project is the product of the loving and the gentle relationship he had with his daughter Donna, who has Downs Syndrome. Sandy remembers Denny's committment. "Denny connected with developmentally challenged people through his heart, and that connection blossomed into an event that the developmentally challenged community looks forward to every year."

Thanks for the kind words guys, I was only 1 spoke in the wheel that helped, some of the guys that volunteer have been doing this for years, a great bunch of guys. Wish I had helped years ago. Denny Leeson started it at Inch Park years ago. He past last year, he was a great man and will be sadly missed. I had the pleasure of working with Denny at Stelco when I started then after his son Bruce, we worked in the same department.

As one gets a little older I feel I should give a little back to a sport that I've enjoyed.

All the kids and adults we help this week were mentally challenged & Down syndrome. Boy, do they ever get excited when they catch a fish.

Edited by Fish Farmer