Whats your weakness

So we all have them. We can deny having any, but that's not how one improves on becoming a better fisherman. I have had a few over the years such as not trolling. Never liked trolling until I landed my biggest musky last year while doing so. At the moment right now I would have to say I liked to do more research when it comes to fishing in a new area. I just seem to grab my pole and start casting. So guys what are your weaknesses?

I fish 50 times the hours per year my brother does. We get out at the cottage a few times, soft and hard water, and do a yearly fly-in together.

He seems to have a knack patterning fish. He will calmly suggest something without coming across as a know it all. More often than not, it's the ticket. It leaves me thinking, how did I not see that. Bizarre.

So my weakness is stupidity and freshly baked butter tarts. :)

I would say my weakness is over thinking things in the boat or focusing on one small thing when i should step back and think big picture.
Its particularily bad if things arent working.
Also im not big on jigging, even in situations that call for it ill avoid it as much as possible.

My weakness fishing is impatience when a game plan doesn't work. I'll pack in the pattern too early. I will even make a list of what hardware I will try second, third etc. But I then second guess myself and go in a different direction. So patience or lack of it is my downfall and not sticking with a pattern. Then of course shinny boobies.

Shameful. An all ages site folks with many members here who's young daughters and sons read it!

From the forum rules.....

"Things that will not be tolerated. Flaming, baiting, name calling, prejudice, racism, sexism, sexual comments and innuendos, swearing, spam, and general boorishness."

I must apologize for my previous post on this subject. For those whom witnessed and were offended, I offer my sincere apologies.

I take for granted (far too much) the things that I love

Weakness?

1) Giving up on lost causes. " there are no fish there, MOVE ON!"

2)The steel head fight!

3) the woman in my life

A) Wife

B) Daughter

C) Mom/Mom-in-law

Just turn on any TV at 4PM when the kids get out of school, anytime actually and you can see much that would have been censored a few years ago. Talk about subliminal messages and sexual innuendo watch any sit com out there at anytime of day. Just having fun that really didn't go that far or out of hand, just my opinion Speil. If one wants to see obscene turn on CNN and watch racism, war and carnage live and in HD. But point taken, rules are there to keep it civil.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Beautiful rivers with Steelhead, Browns and Brookies, and lots of wildlife, floro and fawna, it helps to clense the soul, and something you cant find fishing from a boat, catching a fish in that environment is a bonus, but its the rivers themselves which lure me back, and have for over 35 years

Muskies on the fly would be 2nd