2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

Found it pretty surprising that they rested all their good guys today. No Bautista, no Encarnacion, no Donaldson, no Martin, basically fielded a complete second string team. I would've thought ensuring home field advantage would have meant clawing for every win till it's locked up.,

Found it pretty surprising that they rested all their good guys today. No Bautista, no Encarnacion, no Donaldson, no Martin, basically fielded a complete second string team. I would've thought ensuring home field advantage would have meant clawing for every win till it's locked up.,

nah, right now its about making sure their regulars get some extra rest to heal up some bumps and bruises that have been lingering, hell, during the rain delay today, they were all sleeping in the locker room

It happens every time a team clinched a division the regulars will play friday

nah, right now its about making sure their regulars get some extra rest to heal up some bumps and bruises that have been lingering, hell, during the rain delay today, they were all sleeping in the locker room

Yeah, sleeping off a massive hangover lol.

I expect to see more regulars in Tampa. Tulo is supposed to play 1 or 2 games. Home field advantage is usually very important, but it's not like wildcard teams (non home field advantage) haven't made it all the way before. Home field in the CS would be nice, but they'll have it in the DS and the WS (thanks to the all star game), should they get there.

If the formatting for home and away teams in a 7 game series is what I think it is, they'll only need to win one of the first two games to get home field advantage for the remaining 5 games, although the last game will be a road game.

Edited by netminder

He sure has that TV camera dive dialed in.....nice catch though....

TV dives........do you even watch baseball??? a tv dive is when the catches ball and then dives to make it look good. Pillar, he never gives up on a ball, and runs it down full speed all the time.

Edited by FloatnFly

So the regular season has ended. Enjoyed the second half and I do have to admit I did jump on the bandwagon. It looks like Texas in the first round. Not too sure how they have played against them, but the Jays have lost 4 out of there last 5. Glad Price is pitching the first game.

2 of those games you can discount due to them not playing any regulars, the third just down to bad luck in the 9th and the 4th, todays game, a poor decision to start beuhrle to try and get him to 200, 9 runs in the 1st innings, thats not mark at his normal rest

These pros will rise to the challenge on Thursday and never look back. The adrenaline will be flowing an the smash brothers will be making it rain well into the World series. There's a heap of talent on this team. This ain't hockey. 2 out of 3 is all ya need. Can't wait!

Go Jays.