2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

This is my big thing. Everyone keeps saying that Price will be the worst deal in baseball in 4 years. I can't argue that. They are probably right. But

1) There is no salary cap in baseball. Doesn't look like that is going to change.

2) Rogers makes billions. Billions! $210 million is just a blip on the radar. It's nothing.

The jays made it very clear when they traded all of their young prospects that they are going for it now. That's fine but they can't be half pregnant. Again, like Frank said, we have 2-3 years. Go for it all until 2017-2018 and then rebuild. If the Jays become a 72 win team after 3-4 good runs (regardless if they win a World Series or not) I will say it's worth it. They way they are going now try are setting back up to be another 85 win team.

Well, technically there IS a salary cap.....a soft one, but there is one, its around 145mil, if you go above that, you pay a luxary tax, Dodgers got hit for 47.5 million in luxary taxes for this season.

from rumours i've heard, the board can't stand the rogers son in the board room, so they gave him the jays to 'play' with, they figure theres less risk with him running the jays then there is with him in the board room calling shots, lot less money to lose. This is the down side to having a major company owning a sports team vs a private ownership group. it turns into a side project or play toy.

7 years and 200+ million for Price?? no way, way too much for way too long, hes going to turning 31 next year, 7 years, he'll he 38, most starters last until 35-36 years old. you still want to have someone on the books for 60million+ for 2 years of retirement? if he was 26, 27 or 28, a 7 year contract makes sense. At his age, a 5 year contract makes sense, a 7 year is just asking for trouble for your teams future.

The off season is far from over, there are more big name pitchers available.

• 1 month later...