2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

I seem to be boarding the Jay's bandwagon. That's 3 games I've watched off and on now, but do watch the wrap ups like Baseball Central. What I have taken notice of Toronto and around the league is the numbers of unbelievable gloves these kids have out there. The athletic plays at second turning doubles for example is just amazing to say the least. Yes there were great fielding way back when but not with the consistency I see today. It looks like I'll tune in this afternoon too for a while.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Yep all major sports have it down to a science. Serious pitching and QB clinics for 10 year olds at several thousands a week with the best coaches. Sports psychologists in College ball and even earlier. Pre teens throwing at 90MPH and up. Kids in grade 9 benching 225 for reps. Bone density tests and MRI's for teens in HS. Pre teens signing letters of intent to major NCAA schools before entering grade 9. For all the major sports today.

Revere 2 for 2. Tight game. Won't spoil it for the Tevo guys.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I bet no one will be complaining that the games are too long when October rolls around..... Unless their heart can't take it.

I agree with the season being too long but for a different reason. Make the season 150 games and make the wildcard a best of 5 with the division series being a best of 7. The fans deserve it.

I feel like being top 2 in the league should gain some sort of advantage. Especially with 5 game series where anything can happen.

I really like the playoff format in my sim baseball league. Too 2 teams in the conference get a bye to the division championship. Then it's the division winner with the lowest record vs the number 3 wildcard team and wildcard teams 1 vs 2 in a best of 5. The winners of those two series go on to the division series against teams 1 and 2. Allows 12 teams into the post season rather then 10.