2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

How sharp is this team? Goins sees the infielders all shift to the right side switches and lays down an easy bunt left of the pitcher with no one else to field it. That's what a great team does. These guys are good.

And he scores after the 2 out bunt. Have I mentioned these guys are good?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

This team feels and looks like the best team in baseball.

When your secondary guys are getting 5 hits in a game you know something is going right.

Two stud aces, the best infield in baseball, possibly two gold glovers in the outfield as well and the best hitting in baseball, its just too hard to play against these guys, everyone is a threat at all times.

They fear no one at this point...one step at a time, but i wanna see what the cards or pirates are made of.

Has been a couple amazing months of baseball from the jays!

Wow!

Check this video out of the start of the celebration, i have a feeling not many teams GM's are the ones starting the toast, cursing and jumping for joy! AA looks as happy as anyone could be lol

https://instagram.com/p/8R0kwGTZ9u/

Haha thats awesome!

Again, gm of the year goes to???

I told you who you tin foil hat wearing Yankee. Whaley.

OK so what does the playoff picture look like now? I know there is a 5 game wild card series then what? Who plays next and then what ?

I have looked at a few sites but haven't been able to get a good answer.

Hahahaha

Im wondering the same

Maybe I have it. Jays play the winner of the 1 game playoff of the Wild Card teams.

Winner then plays for AL divisional series, 5 games??

2 ALDS winners play for ALCS (7 game saries)

Winner goes on to World Series against NLCS winners.

Jays need to play for best record in AL to gat home field throughout ALDS and ALCS.

Here is how things would shake out if things ended the way they are...

Correct, Toronto will be playing a best of 5 against the the wild card game winner. (NYY, HOUS)

Then we move on to the winner of the other ALDS, in a best of 7 in the ALCS....Then on to the world series

world%20series_zpskizwrv05.jpg

I'm watching the replay of game 6 of the ACLS series Jays and A's from 1992, a game I attended and heckled Ricky Henderson for 9 innings. I think Henderson had more interaction with the fans than the game, it was fun listening to him trying to make a date with a young lady sitting in front of us. Mullets galore back then. The think that strikes me is the number of fans today that dress in Jays garb. Hardly anyone did back then now it is a Blue sea of Jays shirts and hats, neat to see. I can't remember who won, Jays I think, that was a while back.

Of course they won that day, they won the ALCS, the rest is history and I hope history repeats.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

This team feels and looks like the best team in baseball.

When your secondary guys are getting 5 hits in a game you know something is going right.

Two stud aces, the best infield in baseball, possibly two gold glovers in the outfield as well and the best hitting in baseball, its just too hard to play against these guys, everyone is a threat at all times.

They fear no one at this point...one step at a time, but i wanna see what the cards or pirates are made of.

those NL Central teams are scarey, in fact, if the jays were in the NL, they may not even be in the playoffs right now, both wildcard teams came from the NL Central, and they both have better records then the NL East leading NY Mets