2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

EE was a struggling 3rd baseman when he came up, and was mentioned in many trade rumours, made lots of errors, both fielding and throwing. Then they moved him to DH where he could just concentrate on hitting, and hitting alone, and thats where he made his name

From reading what fans had said at the game, he was pretty much dead on impact. this is something i've always worried about with the upper decks, its a long way down, makes you wonder if ball parks should add safety netting the front facing of the upper levels. places like the 500 level at the dome, thats a scary drop

From reading what fans had said at the game, he was pretty much dead on impact. this is something i've always worried about with the upper decks, its a long way down, makes you wonder if ball parks should add safety netting the front facing of the upper levels. places like the 500 level at the dome, thats a scary drop

Im of one of why change things, BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,

I will have to agree. Just like the nets at the end of the rinks for those high deflection shots.

I just watch some news footage on youtube. Scary crap. Also to add, I would hate to see a young one just wander away, climb and fall. They need to do something.

SAD

I predict it will happen in Hamilton's new stadium Tim Hortons field. The south stands are at a ridiculous angle. I went on a tour before it opened and said it then.

When and where is the next Jay's series?

BMO Field as well, the upper bowl has nothing but a railing at the very top. Upper levels have steep angles to allow a better view of the game, just need something to prevent another accident from happening, ie the netting coming out from underneath to catch anyone that falls, sort of like the suicide nets along the DVP

Jays have 3 vs the Indians, than 3 vs Baltimore before going back on the road to Boston for 3, NY for 4, Atlanta for 3, than back home have Boston for 3 and than NY again for 3. September will determine their fate

Thanks FF, I will keep my eye out for a game. I was the kind of guy that called my relief in early to catch the balance of an afternoon game back in the 80's. I'm getting on board. I used to pick up my wife from work and missed the last extra innings of a big game against Kansas City, I still remember the game. The next day I bought her a brand new car. I swear on my mom and Dad's lives, 88 and 84.

That's the kind of a fan I was before most fans here were born, man I'm getting old!!!

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Yup, my heart really bleeds for Baltimore. I can't wait to cry a river for those poor Yankees too. I hope all the Jays "make rain" in New York. Yeah, I'll feel real sorry of them. HA!

Just about time for another 11 game streak, but I'll take 2 out of 3 any day.

Been a jay's fan since day 1 and a Rapport's fan since day 1. Both teams have a work ethic that the Loafs wish they had, regardless of the season record or the current score of the game. Both these clubs are showing Toronto what a real pro team does every season and sooner or later they will rise to the top. It's the Jay's turn right now, The Raps are not far behind, just watch!

ANOTHER power hitting first baseman? Sure, whatever...

On a side note, I really feel like we're watching Buehrle age before our eyes. Has that "general soreness" condition and can't seem to get things going the past few outings, even with an extended break. I think Dickey will get it done tonight.

Going to be interesting to see how the staff holds up the next couple of weeks Hutchinson`s last start was pathetic...throwing batting practice balls right down the middle...Buehrle looks old and slow and if he is not painting the edges he can`t get anybody out...Stroman starting against the Yanks is interesting I hope he does well because this staff needs him more than ever....

KC lost four in a row. A nice winning streak can put them first in the league.

umm KC won last night ?

The beautiful thing about having a lead and not trying to chase? You can afford to win 2-5 against the yankees and still lead them.

Keep on rollin boys!

Edited by AKRISONER