2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

Chris Colabello plays first base for TO. Only 1 or 2 years ago he was playing for Italy's national team. A rah rah team guy that it appears everyone likes to play with. Batting over 300 against lefties as opposed to 250 with his platoon partner Smouts hitting around 250 against southpaws. Not as defensively adept as Smouts says the talking heads.

Jays are playing long ball tonight, that's their game, they need to be up by 5 mid game and they are. Problem is playoff baseball is always small ball.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Chris Colabello plays first base for TO. Only 1 or 2 years ago he was playing for Italy's national team. A rah rah team guy that it appears everyone likes to play with. Batting over 300 against lefties as opposed to 250 with his platoon partner Smouts hitting around 250 against southpaws. Not as defensively adept as Smouts says the talking heads.

Jays are playing long ball tonight, that's their game, they need to be up by 5 mid game and they are. Problem is playoff baseball is always small ball.

oh i know who Colabello is, its the way they are pronouncing his name, Callobello instead of Cola bello

Floatinfly. I figured you knew who he was but I was the kid in school that never put his hand up so I'm making up for it.

Yea most announcers butcher names. Hell I have relatives that don't pronounce their own name properly, it used to drive me batty.

Jays play longball tonight and win. Need to just keep doing exactly how they got there. Actually I see advantage Jays now as Texas is deep in their starting order of hurlers I would think.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Lucas I wouldn't put much solace in what a talking head doing baseball would say. Not many listen closely but if you do they all say stupid things to fill air time. Especially in the slower paced games like baseball and golf. If one listens intently, and I don't know why one would, they all actually have cards of quips pre written. I remember one NFL telecast when the great play by play man Pat Summerall well into his 70's by then must have shuffled his cards and said the exact same thing about one player 4 times before his partner John Madden the legend pointed it out. This stuff is scripted, the guys that go off the cuff usually say something to lose there jobs. Former NY Giant running back Tiki Barber lasted one day on NBC's Today Show for saying something off colour. Golf channels Kelly Tillman was suspended for a month for saying they should take Tiger Woods out back and hang him, oops. She should have been fired but has nice legs.

As for Americans knowing nothing about Canadian, don't sweat it because they know nothing about Americans either.