2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

Another big series. Hutcheson is auditioning for a spot on 'walking dead'. Bad time of the year for he and Buhrle to be going through a slump. Looking back now, the Price aquasition was huge. Hopefully Strollman adds some life into the rotation. It's getting a little scary.

Yea, Hutch has been pretty frustrating all year, peaking last night....Stroman sure thinks he is ready to come in and pick right up where he was last year....lets hope so...

And sorry jeremy i can only read Strollman so many times before i correct it lol....its Stroman

Thanks. I'm a math guy not a speller. I get lots of words wrong. But knowing how they are actually spelled is a good first step. :)

I was also very excited to but an Anthony Ghost Jearsy a couple of years ago. Whoops!

Yaa, i made the wrong call on buying a Reyes jersey before he even played a game for us....he was a favorite of mine with the Mets years ago....but back then i was deciding on a Reyes vs. Lawrie so what did i know lol

Big series starting tonight. Always nice to have that true ace in the hole after a the pitcher before poops the bed. Should be interesting to see the old school double header on Saturday. Stroman starting the second game should be fun. I hope to god he's good to go... Can't be throwing games away against the Yankees this time of year.

By the way, the game difference calculation is the average of the difference between the wins and losses of the two teams.

i.e. Team A is 79-60, Team B is 75-61, Team A has a 2.5 game lead on Team B => ((79-75)+(61-60))/2

Big series starting tonight. Always nice to have that true ace in the hole after a the pitcher before poops the bed. Should be interesting to see the old school double header on Saturday. Stroman starting the second game should be fun. I hope to god he's good to go... Can't be throwing games away against the Yankees this time of year.

By the way, the game difference calculation is the average of the difference between the wins and losses of the two teams.

i.e. Team A is 79-60, Team B is 75-61, Team A has a 2.5 game lead on Team B => ((79-75)+(61-60))/2

haha its much simpler than that, everyone starts at even at the start, 1 win gives you a half game, 1 loss, you lose a half game, so say you're the only team playing and you win, you get a half game lead, if you win and everyone else losses, you get a 1 game lead.

now, if you lose and the team behind you wins, the team behind you gains 1 game, but if you win and the team behind you loses, you gain a full game, its a combination of your team winning or losing combined with other teams in your division winning or losing that gives the half game of full game leads or deficits

I guess so. I just watched the Tulowitski (sic?) injury. That was strange to say the least, talk about a delayed reaction. X Rays negative, but will not play game 2. I said about a month ago I will try to watch some baseball after 20 some odd years. I'm watching. I couldn't name 2 players a month back. Here's the band wagon someone said and I got on.

That Yankee pitching was atrocious, maybe an off day but they looked scared, all 10 of them! What does a double header do to the starting rotation?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

jays have an off day tomorrow, so that will put their starters back on normal rotation after the double header, the yankees head to tbay to play the rays, so they could gain a half game tomorrow

the tulo injury hurts, but its not as big as people think it will be, got goins and pennington to start, both great fielders, then kawasaki, as backup, and then they just picked up a former gold glove winner in Darwin Barney from the Dodgers. The regular playing time will get Pennington in a groove for the push at the end.

This team is deeeeeeeeeep.

Edited by FloatnFly

Anyone in their right mind would not of expected Jays to take four from the Yankees.3 of 4 is great.That Tanaka is a heck of a pitcher.Thank goodness Troy's bat hasn't exploded yet,or his out of the line up would hurt a lot more.The back ups they have for fielding should be more than enough till he gets back.