2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

Looking forward to the playoff run. I have tickets for the 29th - bought them 2 months ago before all the hype. 100 level, 3rd base, 1st row. Should be awesome.

lol i would almost sell these tickets and downgrade to different seating a make a huge profit lol

Ahead of the Yankees. Never look back.

I remember when I was a kid (late 80's early 90's) it seemed like the jays were in the playoffs every year. We were so spoiled we didn't even realize. Then 1994 hit and everything changed. With the leafs being terrible and me not being a big basketball fan I don't know if I should feel beyond excited or just cautiously optimistic.

Don't forget the Jays have played 3 more games than the Yankees.

I understand you're agreeing with me, but I will qualify that with the Yankees have only one fewer loss than the jays. One more win/loss and that stat doesn't have much meaning anymore.

Think Gibby needs to realize there more than Sanchez and Osuna in the pen, haven't seen much of the other relievers in a while

Fires don't need gasoline. Five outs to go, you've got to go with the big guys.

I'm more concerned that he apparently has never heard of a safety squeeze (Post game he gave some canned answers as to why you don't suicide squeeze). You had the bunter from the national league at the plate and a runner on 3rd and 2nd. Tie the game at home first, then worry about winning it.

The first game against the Yankees the other day when they blew a 2 run lead was the first game I watched more than 3 innings since the year they cancelled the World Series. It did take me back to ALSC times in the early 90's during the 9th inning the other night. Sell out crowds, energy, fans having fun, players too, that was fun to watch. I did learn something though, Manager challenges, replay reviews? That's how long I've been away. I guess the game wasn't slow enough before some days. Oh my. As everything else some people just can't keep things alone and feel everything needs to be improved. Some things were just fine the way they were.

Quick turn around today. Down 5-1 in the first, up 6-5 after three.

That has got to be frustrating for the Angles fans. Getting a 5-1 lead in the first after two blow outs only to have the lead gone two innings later and end up losing 12-5.

Edited by JohnBacon