2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

The bats have always been there, they've just improved greatly defensively, they have a true outfielder, not an infielder trying to play left field, they've upgraded their SS, who can take hits away, like we saw yesterday a few times, they added Price and Hawkins which have added a more experienced veterans to help the youngsters, the pitchers, because of the great defense behind them, are now confident to pitch to contact, instead of trying to make the perfect pitch every time. and their bench players are pretty damn good. With September coming and going to a 40man roster, this team will only deeper and better

I was honestly concerned with how the outcome would be going into LAA, after they didn't seem to show up against Philly.

Wow. Was I wrong... And if any team isn't paying attention, they sure are now. That was an absolute curb-stomping of a team who is supposed to be contending.

While personal awards aren't really that important, it would be nice to see JD get recognized as the AL MVP. I'm sure the head-to-head matchup there against Trout will only help his cause.

Good article on how the "luxury tax" in MLB works -> http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/mlb/explaining-the-luxury-tax-in-major-league-baseball.aspx. I had not really understood it myself. Now I get why the Yankees were so big on reducing payroll.

the dodgers are paying close to 40mil in tax this year thanks to their 298mil payroll

Tulowitzki is finally getting his hitting going, especially when it counts. That was a great 9th inning last night. Well, if you're a Jays fan. I was surprised their closer walked Martin. He was definitely not up to his usual standards.

Price pitches tonight. Can't wait. Now, what to make to enjoy the game. Classic loaded nachos and a beer. Maybe.

ya guys, stop spending so much bloody time running around the bases, some people need to go to bed

Lol, Exactly what i thought!

What an at bat by EE on his Grand slam last night...loved how he didn't know where the ball was going when he hit it, looking around thinking he popped it up. then he started his home run trot!