Your dream boat

kickingfrog

I caught part of an episode of Fishin' Canada where they built a boat to the specs that they wanted/needed for their use. They took a brand new boat and then stripped it down and built it back up again.

They increased the size of the front deck, improve the storage, jacked up the performance and a bunch of other things.

It would be a sort of fun "if I won the lottery" type thing to think about while driving on a fishing trip. Although I realized pretty quickly that if money truly was no object then I'd have to have multiple boats to suit my multi species/locale fishing pursuits.

The cost of their project boat was over $100k. Not sure if that includes the cost of the new boat to begin with or not. :dunno:

Even working with that type of budget I think I could go $60/$40k (maybe $35/$65) on 2 boats that would cover most of my current "needs". :whistling:

I did the same on my boat.

stripped a 17' lund pro guide right down to the rivets and rebuilt it (had it done professionally) to my specs.

cost was less than 10K.

now I get a TON of folks asking me what model of lund I have, as they have never seen a setup like it....

i just say a custom lund....

nothing beats your own custom lund....

My 2 boat set-up quickly turned to 3 when I realized my dream tiller (19-20ft, 115hp) would be a little big for some of my spots. So I'd need to add a 16ft/40ish hp tiller as well. Good thing money is no object, because I'd need a lot of shop space for 3 boats and their tow vehicles. My 3rd boat would be a full windshield for family/fishin' outings.

I have a great boat now- 98 Starcraft side console with Yamaha 115 four stroke- awesome boat really. But I have been looking the last few months and went down to the Toronto Boat Show in January and fell in love with the new Kingfisher Flex XP- full windshield and canvas, Suzuki 225, soft moves front seats- would have been sweet and worked hard to finance it- in the end it was just too much- but when the day comes- that IS my dream boat.

IMG_4594.JPG

IMG_4550.JPG

Mine would have the performance of an Allison, the casting deck of a Ranger z series, the freeboard of a Starcraft, (for the grandkids), fuel consumption of a weed wacker, the ability to pull 4 cannonballs, a glass bottom so I can see all the way to the bottom of the lake, and have all the migratory habits of all species programmed into the 32" fishfinder that also acts as an autopilot.

Lucas, I've heard through the grapevine a new rebel ss with a 75 on the back is now over $30K new!!!

look used my friend, look used.

Yes used would be the route I'm going to take once I'm at that point where a boat is in the plans... First things first I need a house where I can store it (and to get my trade license all done lol)

Oh and I've been eyeing a kayak... SOT and tricked out with all the bells and whistles something along the lines of a lure 13.5, has a casting platform to stand on etc would be great for the kawartha lakes

Edited by Lucas F