Stuff found while fishing

LostAnotherOne

I found a green frog suick while Musky fishing I already had the exact same one so I gave that one to my fishing buddy. Lost mine about two weeks later. I think he's caught at least 15 musky on that thing and it's still his go to bait. Another friend snagged a dead guy on Pittock something I always dread finding.

old native pipes when the water went really really low about 4 years back.

megessi (eagle) feathers which are very valuable here(in a spiritual sense)

I found a old johnson motor about 5 years ago

hundreds of lures and old rapalas.

nothing too awesome

oh we stopped on some random island on an inland lake for a shorelunch. and somebody had put an electrical outlet on a tree, and my daughter tried to plug her phone in. hahahaha that was awesome

Found a flat bed 3500 Dodge Ram once in Whitehorse.

It had been stolen and burnt in the woods beside a portage between two lakes. :(

We went on to our destination and went fishing, then reported it to the RCMP when we got back to town.

The desk SGT started giving me grief for waiting so long to report it. I told him it was burnt and the fire was out. It wasn't going anywhere and wasn't a danger to the woods. I said there was no way I was giving up a day fishing to go back to town to report it.

I also said with the attitude I was getting you can bet yer a$$ I won't bother to make a report if I come across another crime. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

He changed his tune after my tirade and all was good. :D

Found a flat bed 3500 Dodge Ram once in Whitehorse.

It had been stolen and burnt in the woods beside a portage between two lakes. :(

We went on to our destination and went fishing, then reported it to the RCMP when we got back to town.

The desk SGT started giving me grief for waiting so long to report it. I told him it was burnt and the fire was out. It wasn't going anywhere and wasn't a danger to the woods. I said there was no way I was giving up a day fishing to go back to town to report it.

I also said with the attitude I was getting you can bet yer ass I won't bother to make a report if I come across another crime. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

He changed his tune after my tirade and all was good. :D

thats gnarly dood????

While stealthily maneuvering along on Lake Bernard we came across a canoe with 2 beautiful 30 something women sound asleep music blaring, with nothing on but lotion. I didn't have the heart to wake them, my idiot buddy did. He wasn't such an idiot after all as he made a date with one an was MIA that night.

Was working on Lake Wilcox when I just started and we happened to pull a sawed off shotgun out of the water. I thought it was just a kids toy. When the cops came they confirmed that it had, indeed, been used to comit a crime and then was dumped there.

Good thing it was jammed with sand when I was toying around with it.

Years ago my grandparents owned a water front home up in the n/w corner of Simcoe. I was fishing out in front of the house one day back in 1961 and found a wallet floating in the water and inside was $37 cash along with all the usual stuff. The owner lived in Toronto so I called him to tell him I'd found his wallet. He was obviously happy and asked if I could mail it back to him and for me to keep $7 for myself.

Doesn't sound like much now but 53 years ago $7 was a big wad of loot to a kid.

Like everyone else who spends time on the water I've found lots of other things floating around but that wallet is something I've always remembered.

Last May when the water was really cold and it was very windy I was fishing for pike and walleye when I saw a canoe in the middle of the lake, thought to myself I'd never be crazy enough to canoe in those waves when the water was this cold. I was driving past and noticed nobody was in it, figured it blew loose off somebody's dock. Went over to see and noticed rods, a cooler of beer and a radio still going inside, plus a life jacket, but nobody inside. Went looking in the direction it was blowing from and after a few minutes found a guy's face poking up out of the waves, boy was he happy to see me! He was so cold he could barely talk and I had to pretty much carry him back to his house where his wife promptly gave him crap. No life jacket, wearing jeans, boots and a sweater, he probably only had a few minutes left before he was going under for good. That was my best find. Didn't catch anything that day but I didn't mind, that was enough action for me.

I've also found rods, clothing, a boat ladder, lures, etc...while trolling for lakers.

We fished a woman out of the inner harbour in Toronto in mid February. Thankfully she was still alive and she made it. She was just very cold.

She told us she was trying to swim to Rochester to see family.

We learned later from the police that she had escaped from her 'place of care' and that they were looking for her.

2 bodies while ice fishing on lake scugog as well as a few boats a canoe a paddle boat and many things I have taken off the lake while I was fishing like beer bottles and barrels and even floating lawn chairs !!!! The list just keeps going .... But the seeing the 2 dead guys that drown was not nice when they pulled them up ..... I seen it all and will never forget that .....

My brother used to be a volunteer fireman and they got called out one night when someone heard screaming coming from the ice on Scugog.

Ed & 3 others drove to the shore then carrying an extension ladder and any other gear they needed started walking across the thin ice towards the screams. The ice was cracking around them as they walked but they kept going until they reached the spot where the guys went through. One man was already dead and the other not far from it but they got him out and into shore where an ambulance was waiting.

He was taken to hospital where luckily he survived.

so alot of us have seen dead bodies or helped in a rescue.

thats disturbing

we rescued two people that anchored a bassboat in the rapids, gnarly experience how fast things happened.

second was a guy that swam the rapids. OPP and local anglers all helped in the search. my neighbor found him 4 days later and like many said, ill never forget it