What would the ideal gift be under the tree this year? All Fishing related

Old Ironmaker

Without going silly nuts, like finding a new 300 HP 4 stroke under the tree, what would be the one thing you would be trilled and amazed to find under there? I always get a few nice plugs and I'm both happy and appreciative. I just found Bill's Bait site on internet history, whooor rah! If I found a new 100 lb. thrust electric I would be over the moon as mine is pooched, and then probably feel guilty because it's not in the budget, but it wouldn't be going back, that's a for shue.

What would be something you would be very blown away to find?

Last year after Christmas I think there was a thread showing the fishing stuff and I was amazed at some of the goodies I saw. Santa was good to many lucky and deserving fishermen and one fisherwomen last year for sure.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

A little more than I would ever expect anyone to spend on me but my dream would be to see a Megabass Lin 10 zirconia Meteor under the tree. To me, that reel is more of a work of art than something I would want to fish with.

I googles that and this is what it said about it on the website,

機械美が際立つマシンカットテクノロジーで設計された、ハイトルクなベイトキャスティングリールの登場です。LIN 10 L/Rから定評のある武骨で堅牢な作りに加え、それとは裏腹なシルキーなドライブフィールを実現。驚異的な釣力にさらに磨きがかかり、10ポンドオーバーとのファイトでも主導権を渡しません。また無駄を極限までそぎ落とした仕様に進化しており、持ち重りを感じさせることはありません。 メガバスで最も人気のあるベイトリールのひとつIS79のハイギア仕様に対して、6.3:1のローギア比は、引き重り抵抗が大きいディープクランクやアラバマリグ、ヘビーウエイトのスピナーベイト、スイムベイトなどの使用に適しています。ビギナーからベテランまで幅広いアングラーにパワーゲームの醍醐味を味わっていただけます。

Translation,

Introducing a high torque bait casting reel designed with elegant machine cut technology. The uncouth and robust construction of the LIN10R/L is combined with a silky drive feel. With a further increase in performance, it has the ability to dominate 10 pounders and up in a struggle. The Zirconia Meteor has evolved into a stripped down lightweight design, with all extraneous elements removed from its construction. The low gear ratio of 6.3:1 is suited for the heavier pulling resistance of deep cranks, Alabama rigs, heavy weight spinner bait, swim bait and so forth. From beginners to veteran anglers, this reel will show you the true thrill of power games.

You have to love when the Japanese translate to English. I love it. A stripped down uncouth reel for the thrill of power games with extraneous elements removed.

It must be the Porsche of reels. I did see the Ferrari of reels,another Japanese reel that retails for around $4000.00 I think that has a built in computer complete with automatic drag and motor. Gotta get me a few of those babies, maybe next year.

I would be afraid to take them out of the house. But good choice.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I have a looooong list that would make me happy...

But this year we kept it small and got each other a few small gifts that are actually more thoughtful then most of the gifts we have ever bought each other...

The wife has been stealing my good thermos lately for coffee at work... So I got her a really nice little thermos for herself... Also she has hated her ice scrapper for her car for years but never replaced it... So I got her a new compact one that'll actually fit in her car on the floor... Her old one was too long...

I asked for a Canadian club gift kit with the 26er and 2 glasses... But that's not the real gift... The real gift is that bottle and 2 glasses is never to be touched by anyone but me... I don't drink much but some days at work make you crave a drink... And there's nothing worse then getting home at midnight to find your stash has been emptied...

With the amount of money I spend on fishing throughout the year I never ask for much... But she's good to get me a few little things... I'm sure I'll get socks... Underwear... Deodorant... Lip balm... Stuff like that so the kids don't think daddy got short changed by Santa... Lol

Not to hijack but.

two things for me this year.

a new pair of skates and a new hockey stick.

sorry to break the mould fellas.

but all my ice gear is perfect as it is.

i wanna play some shinny more then anything else

oh also a nice ham and some beer. but not under the tree lol

I just started back in organized hockey after a 12 year hiatus . Way more competitive than I thought it would be but I'm loving it. I think I'm gonna play in the summer too..

But I'm glad they still make my Paul Coffey Sherwood That I played with as a kid. No way I'm buying a 200 dollar stick !

Edited by Freshtrax

A new pair of waders for me! Last outing 3 weeks ago I found a second hole in my neoprenes, right below my crotch lol. I fished another 2 hours soaking wet and freezing and haven't been back out since :( But other than that, my wife already gave me mine because I found it on sale last week. A new flux core welder :) Nothing special, but just what I wanted...and for 1/2 price to boot!