Favourite wrestler of all time-NF

LostAnotherOne

'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan. HOOOOOOOOOOO!

When I was in Edmonton, there wasn't much else to do so I started watching again. I loved guys who could cut a good promo and CM Punk could handle the mic like few I had seen.

Also loved the Rock for his promos

Edge and Christian

The new age outlaws

and from back in the day Coco Beware.

I miss the gimics from the 90's to be honest.

The day I took a good whopping from my dad was the day I began to dislike the wwf....

Went like this....

Be a young kid, watching your "heros" on tv... All the big names.... All promoting a kid at home to call "their" phone number to talk to a live wwf wrestler! Some 976 number garbage...

Phone bill comes in... It was around 800 bucks... This was in the 80's.... Needless to say I was unable for sit very long on one cheek. I got my ass handed to me that day.... Literally.

Taught me a valuable lesson though.... Don't put your hands in the way of the belt...

G

Fond memories of sitting with my grandpa as a wee lad watching Stampede Wrestling followed up by Maple Leaf Wrestling on Saturdays. You couldn't tell my grandpa it was fake.

I'm only 50 but don't really care for the new stuff. prefer the old guys

I liked Haystack Calhoun, Pompero Firpo, Killer Kowalski, Baron Von Raschke

Whipper Billy Watson for sure. My age group seemed to be hit hard with polio. A 3 room school and a dozen or so in each grade, 2 kids my age were survivors, both crippled. He and Easter Seals had a camp on Lake Erie out Long Beach /Burnaby way in the 50's/60's for crippled kids . He was a really decent caring fellow, didn't much follow wrestling though.

Sweet Daddy Siki!!! Haha!! Black Jack Mulligan. Superstar 1 and 2, Rick Flair, Ricki Steamboat and Chief Jay Youngblood, Abdullah the Butcher, the Anderson Brothers, Big Swede Hanson, Angelo King Kong Mosca, The Iron Sheikh, Jim Brunzel (i remember when Brunzel pulled the Sheikhs loaded boot off and beat him with it). Oh the soap opera. I lost interest in wrestling after the 2nd Wrestlemania. Loved Maple Leaf Wrestling.

It was Haystack Calhoun when I was a kid. I remember seeing Lord Athel Layton (announcer) fight the Sheik at MLG.

I did see Sweet Daddy Siki sing at a local bar in the Finch and Weston rd.area once. LOL Country music and dressed like the King.

The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. Bret 'The Hitman' Hart.

Honourable Mentions:

Jimmy 'Super Fly' Snuka. The best of all 'High Risk Manoveurs' high elevation jump from the top rope. Ricky 'the Dragon' Steamboat as a close second.

Tito Santana's flying forearm.

Bam Bam Bigelo's tatooes.

"SD" Special Delivery Jones - best underdog.

Great American Hero - Hulk Hogan - watch'ya gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you!

Rivalry with Nikalai Volkov - Russia number 1, USA hack-to. Tag team with Iron Shiek.

Undertaker's recessitation from lying motionless on the mat.

Edited by manjo39