Tonneau cover suggestions.

limeyangler

Hi all,

I have to replace a soft roll up tonneau cover on my GMC Canyon as it ripped today, It did the job, but anything lower than -15c (which is all winter) and its a pain if not completely impossible to use. Any suggestions for styles, brands? Anyone have any experience with the tri-fold?

Don't want to go over $1000 if possible.

Edited by limeyangler

I am using the same as Fishwilly and have no complaints. As he states, you must brush the snow off it prior to opening. Because the tailgate on my truck locks, it is also pretty secure when closed. The tailgate needs to open before the cover can be moved. Just under $1000. taxes included

Edited by Tom McCutcheon

I agree with FishFarmer. I have a tri fold and find it freezes to the tailgate. If I had my choice again I would have go with a cap. In the rain it is so much easier to keep your stuff dry, and you can put taller items in the back.

Regards

I have had Access Roll Up covers on my last 4 trucks over the last 14 years and they are perfect for me. I just ordered another one for my new Laramie Diesel yesterday :D . They roll up in any weather, simple one person operation, support snow loads without collapsing and are totally out of the way when rolled up. I have had zero issues with durability, tears etc. If you want to take it right off, it's one bolt and gone in no time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Fy-LfFERqow

Edited by G.mech

The Diamond Back aluminium covers are near bullet proof and easy to install and remove if you need to carry something large.

They are also strong enough to carry a 4 wheeler on top so you can still carry the rest of your ice fishing gear under the cover. ;)

They are over your budget though. :(

http://www.diamondbackcovers.com/lt/

They come in bright and black bedliner covered options.

aluminum-tonneau-covers_brite-black.jpg

ATV carrier add on. :)

http://www.diamondbackcovers.com/atv-carrier/

side-loading-atv-carrier-on-ford-super-d

Edited by DRIFTER_016

If you just want to cover the bed and aren't worried about locking up, it's the way to go.

Am I missing something here?

I wanted the hard top tri fold for a reason. Cover the bed and be able to lock the tail gate, so it would be hard to enter to others..

I am using the TriFecta, a 3 section soft fold. Going into the 4th winter

So far zero problems

Also using the Trifecta soft on my 5th winter, no noticable wear or leaks at all....truely a remarkable durable soft top.

I totaly assumed i had a 2-3 max on it being it cost only $300 or so but its honestly as good as the day I bought it,

And like some others have said its easy on and off when I need to remove it.

out of 4 stars I'd rate it a 5, the extra star being for unexpectedly better then expected lol...

My soft cover trifold went 8 years on my '03 before I traded it in and the only wear on it was the cover had shrunk ever so slightly it was starting to pull off the back corner by 1/4". Probably still on there, with who ever owns it now.

So I bought the identical Extang soft tri-fold for my '11 F150. No leaks... etc.

One thought for you though... if you plan to haul stuff that needs the cover completely removed, be aware that most of the folding covers once taken off are then longer than the box on most of todays "short" box trucks and you won't be able to close your tailgate with the folded cover removed but sideways in the box.

Am I missing something here?

I wanted the hard top tri fold for a reason. Cover the bed and be able to lock the tail gate, so it would be hard to enter to others..

Perhaps mine is the trifecta. I can't remember the name, it's a soft skin, not aluminum. Whatever you call it, excellent product!