Tonneau cover suggestions.

limeyangler

No tonneau cover is going to stop a thief who knows you have valuables in the back. Even the heavy duty aluminum ones posted above are easily pried up with a crow bar to gain access to the box.

I just received one yesterday as an early Christmas present. It's a Freedom by Extang (cheaper than their Trifecta) and appears to be very well built and is super easy to use. Time will tell if it's any good or not.

I've already rigged up a switched light from stuff laying around the house and intend on mounting it to the rear left corner of the box and getting it's power source from the 7 pin trailer 12v constant supply. I had a cover on my Dakota and it drove me nuts not being able to see under the cover.

As for the cover freezing to the tailgate. Apply a thin layer of vaseline to the tonneau's weather seal and the tailgate.

I've already rigged up a switched light from stuff laying around the house and intend on mounting it to the rear left corner of the box and getting it's power source from the 7 pin trailer 12v constant supply. I had a cover on my Dakota and it drove me nuts not being able to see under the cover.

Please share how you did this PLEASE.

Start another thread of course.

Thanks