tb4me

You guys really need to put your feelings aside and look at his point production over say the last 3-4 years, then sit here and tell us the Leafs didn't get a bad deal, lol.

Hate the guy all you want, but the numbers he puts up don't lie.

Youre right on, the numbers don't lie. 2nd last in the entire league (881st) in +/- with 61 points... show us another elite player that compares to that! If he does well in Pittsburgh (which I doubt) good, the leafs jersey just didn't fit old Phil K. Good riddance.

You guys really need to put your feelings aside and look at his point production over say the last 3-4 years, then sit here and tell us the Leafs didn't get a bad deal, lol.

Hate the guy all you want, but the numbers he puts up don't lie.

Well obviously if the NHL GM`s felt the same as you perhaps there may have been more than a couple of mediocre offers....yes

Youre right on, the numbers don't lie. 2nd last in the entire league (881st) in +/- with 61 points... show us another elite player that compares to that! If he does well in Pittsburgh (which I doubt) good, the leafs jersey just didn't fit old Phil K. Good riddance.

Here are some more numbers for you.. Although I understand cherry picking his +/- is what most people who hate him do :)

pk_zps0hwc6338.png

A minus player on a team that only made the playoffs once in the last 11 years? What kind of witchcraft would possibly cause that?

Come on guys. The player made the team bad and the team made the player look worse. Those who say they would trade Kessel and Phaneuf for a bag of pucks are just ignorant.

I guess we have to ask the question....why did the Leafs want to get rid of this guy so badly that they were willing to take such a terrible offer, why were they not willing to bring him back to see if they could build his value, why did 28 other NHL teams show little or no interest in Kessel....I look at my team as a example who is desperate for scoring...they could have had this guy for spare parts and a draft pick...must be a reason!

I guess we have to ask the question....why did the Leafs want to get rid of this guy so badly that they were willing to take such a terrible offer, why were they not willing to bring him back to see if they could build his value, why did 28 other NHL teams show little or no interest in Kessel....I look at my team as a example who is desperate for scoring...they could have had this guy for spare parts and a draft pick...must be a reason!

Who knows the reason, but it's not because of his point production. Maybe he's an ass, who knows. But the people that don't think he's a good hockey player are out of their minds.

Edited by BillM

The reason being the leafs wanted to move on, their rebuilding and this was the first real step, needed to happen sooner then later in IMO...also Kessel had his list of 8 teams he would accept a trade to...MTL wasnt on that list.

He was a lazy layer who didnt have what it took to lead the leafs to playoff contention, they didn't want the young guys coming up to be looking up to his work ethic. they needed to trade him.

Saying all this, he is a good player who is among the elite in scoring goals over the last 5 years or so...anyone who cant see that is blind and in denial. He can score goals with the best of them.

Also, the package the got was not "spare parts" kapanen and harrington both have good potential to be everyday NHL'ers in the next few years.

to the people saying, why werent more teams interested or the leafs didnt get a good return you have 8 teams, and one has to be totally ok with getting rid of a first a second and two prospects plus have 6.75 million in cap space...you do what you can.

Edited by AKRISONER

His plus minus is just a stat. His lack of leadership and don't give a crap attitude combined with the I hate the press is what makes him undesirable.

The guy can score no questions asked but that is not the only thing that wins cups. What would Mark Messier have done with a guy like Kessle on his team?

:whistling:

His plus minus is just a stat. His lack of leadership and don't give a crap attitude combined with the I hate the press is what makes him undesirable.

The guy can score no questions asked but that is not the only thing that wins cups. What would Mark Messier have done with a guy like Kessle on his team?

:whistling:

Ok. Im on your boat, Just this one time. LOL

Who would not hate the press in toronto?

You will see kessel do very well in Pittsburg.

It will be interesting too see if that is the case....if he still gains the the blue line and shoots then what will change? If watching Sid go hard to the net rubs off a bit then perhaps...we`ll see!!!

Boy o boy us anglers could sure teach those players/coaches and Gms a thing or two

Exactly!! It's too funny that guys think they know what's better for the team than Shanahan and Babcock. What could they possibly know about the inner workings that we don't??? LOL

Exactly!! It's too funny that guys think they know what's better for the team than Shanahan and Babcock. What could they possibly know about the inner workings that we don't??? LOL

I think everyone of us in this thread is guilty of that, lol!

The reason being the leafs wanted to move on, their rebuilding and this was the first real step, needed to happen sooner then later in IMO...also Kessel had his list of 8 teams he would accept a trade to...MTL wasnt on that list.

Toronto - June 14, 2015 - Bob McKenzie of TSN has reported that Phil Kessel’s 8 team trade list going into the NHL Draft this month will consist of: Montreal Canadiens, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, New York Rangers, Boston Bruins, Chicago Blackhawks, Los Angeles Kings and the Minnesota Wild. This was Kessel’s list at the trade deadline and it is believed that it cannot be changed until June 30th.

He would be great on the majority of those teams i think. Pitt is a good landing spot for him.

Edited by jrwb

I watch alot of penguins games at my buddies house(his fav team) and im not gonna lie, im excited to see what Kessel does there.

If hes paired with Crosby and or Malkin its gonna be fun to watch Im pretty sure!

It would be nice to see some players get over 100 points in a season again.