tb4me

With hockey and most importantly Leafs Season fast approaching, I figured id start a Leafs thread from a Leafs fan..
Im excited to see the new team, we have an entire new 3rd and 4th lines..No more dead weights.. Orr Mclearen Ect all a thing of the past.Our first and second lines should be the same as last year. (witch is pretty awesome) our 3 and 4 are going to be among the best in the NHL.. Anyway im excited, something like 25 days till preseason hockey
GO LEAFS GO!!!!!

no more dead weights? Dion,Clarkson,Franson,Reimer,and alot of times Kadri......there are plenty of anchors still

I was waiting,didn't want to be the first to say.They sure have a tough battle ahead.I'll still pull for them,but I'm know where near convinced they have done anywhere near what they could have.

Really---beginning of Sept.----to pull this band-aid off.... one so slowly hair at a time just to miss the playoffs once again

Name the Additions that will make a diff this year from last

same goaltending----one new defenceman who's not the difference maker.......same coach---smallish fwds

Definition of insanity-----doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Good Luck

Hahahaha, best 3rd n 4th lines in the league? Come on, be honest with yourself OP.

Cant even compare to teams like Anaheim, San Jose, St Louis, Chicago, LA, should I go on?

It's easy to make your point look good when you pull the past 2 stanley cup winners of the past 4 years and the western conference, start looking at the eastern conference where they actually play a majority of their games rather than the teams they play a lesser amount, looking at the leafs myself I do like the additions they made, but they should've tried to get derek roy for a center and another top tier defenseman, although I don't see cody franson being around very long unless he picks up his actual defense game.

Matt it's awesome to see you posting here keep the smiles coming.

As for the leafs my blood is blue and I will always be a fan but am always happy that I don't waits the nice spring nights sitting in front of the TV watching hockey.

Well there is my one and most likely last post in this thread.

seriously, Komarov, Santorelli, and Kontiola would be pretty tough line to play against and awesome additions IMO. Clarkson will ultimately decide where the lines mesh up..Will he stink like last year , or will training with the likes of Crosby all summer improve his game?

but now you potentially have 15 guys trying out for the 3rd & 4th lines; Aston,Bodie, Broll, Devane, Frattin, Kozun, Leivo, Santorelli, Smith, Holland, Winnik, Komarov, Kontiola, Booth. Thats a talented list of guys here .

All that aside the Leafs can now roll 4 lines..We havent been able to do that for a couple years now..Im happy with this team, kinda wish Dion got moved but he didn't..So be it..Go Leafs Go!!!

Edited by tb4me

Once again I will boldly predict the same thing I have predicted every year for the past eight or nine seasons.

The Leafs will play like crazy in October and November, and probably hold first place at some point before Christmas (when it doesn't really matter). But come the new year, the injuries will begin, play will slump, inexperience will show and once again they will finish the season by watching the playoffs on TV. But they will play well enough in the dying days of the season to ensure they don't even get a decent draft pick. And Leaf fans will all say, wow, did you see how they got it together at the end? Next year, baby, next year!!

Sound familiar? It should, because that's exactly what has happened every year since Ed Belfour was in net. Is that now 10 years and counting?

There - I said it (again). Let the flaming begin.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Once again I will boldly predict the same thing I have predicted every year for the past eight or nine seasons.

The Leafs will play like crazy in October and November, and probably hold first place at some point before Christmas (when it doesn't really matter). But come the new year, the injuries will begin, play will slump, inexperience will show and once again they will finish the season by watching the playoffs on TV. But they will play well enough in the dying days of the season to ensure they don't even get a decent draft pick. And Leaf fans will all say, wow, did you see how they got it together at the end? Next year, baby, next year!!

Sound familiar? It should, because that's exactly what has happened every year since Ed Belfour was in net. Is that now 10 years and counting?

Deja vu!

Bingo. I bleed blue and white but looking at the roster this year looks like much of the same. I do like the fact that hopefully we will be able to play all 4 lines though, which might help the top 6 not be totally gassed by the second half of the season. Either way I can't wait to watch some hockey...... GLG.