tb4me

Well for every 'leafs fan' that said they just want Kessel and Phaneuf out for a bag of pucks, they got half of their wish. We didn't get Pouliot (pittsburghs best prospect) we got Kapanen who will be the next Luca Caputti and the first pick is lottery protected meaning the best we can hope to draft is another Tyler Biggs (which we added in the deal) this was a bad bad trade.

But hey, at least we got rid of him right?

He'll end up with 50 goals playing with Crosby.

It really doesn't matter how good Kessel should have been or will be in Pittsburgh. He has a 2-0 record of being a selfish suck that causes resentment on the team. Is it so hard to believe the Toronto traded him for what they got because they had to? Only a well put together team could possibly have the depth to keep him remotely interested enough to play and be strong enough to cover the fact they'll be one man short every time the pucks going in the defensive direction. That leaves a small handful of teams and I'll bet most don't want to roll the dice on existing team chemistry. Personally, I don't wish him good luck. Its a respect issue.

They should've traded him last year... Then we would be looking forward to McDavid or Eichel.

Since that didn't happen I would've held onto him until the trade deadline when a team like Pittsburgh really needed a push and likely would've given up Pouliot for him. Not a fan of the trade personally but I hope I'm surprised by the guys they got in return and can look back and say it was good

Apparently Shanny had enough of the selfish out of shape dough boy....last on the ice first off....he wants to establish a new culture.

The fact that there were only 1 or 2 teams interested in Kessell speaks volumes and the fact that the Leafs traded this guy for what they got also speaks volumes!!!

The fact that there were only 1 or 2 teams interested in Kessell speaks volumes and the fact that the Leafs traded this guy for what they got also speaks volumes!!!

...and people still ignore the points he puts up, lol. I hope he does good in Pitts (Which I'm sure he will)..

I don't think people ignore his point totals Bill It just very apparent that people who know a lot more than us put heavy stock in work ethic and attitude. I'd rather my team lose because of lack of talent playing at 100% as opposed to what we endured last year. Just my opinion.

Just facts and attitude Bill,nothing more.HE had to get out of here.Is ego is way to big for even Toronto.I still can't believe you can't see this.? I wish him luck,just get out of here.I do hear,not sure this is correct,that they may keep pylon for a while if not the whole season.I guess little to no teams want him?.I hope he goes as well.JMO . lol.

So you prefered our team from 5 years ago with guys who now compete on the amazing race?

I prefer neither. Let's just get this next season over with.

Actually that being said, guys like Kessel drive me nuts. With all that talent, if they had the work ethic of a Gary Roberts or a Joe Newendyk you would see 50 goals and 100 points almost every year. It's such a waste of talent.

So you prefered our team from 5 years ago with guys who now compete on the amazing race?

I prefer neither. Let's just get this next season over with.

Actually that being said, guys like Kessel drive me nuts. With all that talent, if they had the work ethic of a Gary Roberts or a Joe Newendyk you would see 50 goals and 100 points almost every year. It's such a waste of talent.

My point Jeremy,he had to go.Let's get some players as said earlier that will put out 110% every night,even if they don't win.He was a joke last season and more or less came out and said I play some days,other days I don't.Sorry to sound like a broken record,but who would want this guy after that?????????????.

Just facts and attitude Bill,nothing more.HE had to get out of here.Is ego is way to big for even Toronto.I still can't believe you can't see this.? I wish him luck,just get out of here.I do hear,not sure this is correct,that they may keep pylon for a while if not the whole season.I guess little to no teams want him?.I hope he goes as well.JMO . lol.

The only facts are the stats he puts up.. What anyone 'thinks' he's like in the dressing room are nothing but assumptions. I'm not sad to see him go, but I think we should have gotten a lot more for a player of his calibre. Now if we can move the pylon from the blue line, I'll be even happier!

Im with the imperial angler on this, always have been.

Anyone saying kessel is out of shape is very ignorant.

What? He has a round face, so what.

He is a professional athlete. If your in the NHL, You are NOT OUT OF SHAPE!

Can he improve his conditioning and 2 way play? Absolutely.

Again, I dont like this trade and all leafs fans will be biting their tongues when Kessel scores 50-55 goals and plays on pitts second line

Edited by manitoubass2

Again, I dont like this trade and all leafs fans will be biting their tongues when Kessel scores 50-55 goals and plays on pitts second line

I expect that,and I'm OK with that.Plain and simple as far as I'm concerned he was toxic.He had to go Rick,whether he gets 200 points next season.I do believe we will be way better without him.And Bill,yes it would of been nice to get a bit more for him,but I'm thinking,Shanny just wanted him out.Babcock would probably bench him,and that would not be good either.

I expect that,and I'm OK with that.Plain and simple as far as I'm concerned he was toxic.He had to go Rick,whether he gets 200 points next season.I do believe we will be way better without him.And Bill,yes it would of been nice to get a bit more for him,but I'm thinking,Shanny just wanted him out.Babcock would probably bench him,and that would not be good either.

I respect your opinion, just like you did mine?

Saying hes "toxic" in the dressing room is hilarious. He doesnt like talking to media, we know that, because he has said it.

Fact of the matter is none of us are in that dressing room.

So who decided he was "toxic"?

Media?

Never heard any of his co workers say it????

Maybe it happened and I missed it?

I respect your opinion, just like you did mine

Saying hes "toxic" in the dressing room is hilarious. He doesnt like talking to media, we know that, because he has said it.

Fact of the matter is none of us are in that dressing room.

So who decided he was "toxic"?

Media?

Never heard any of his co workers say it????

Maybe it happened and I missed it?

Did you read my repeated posts about him playing one day,and not feeling it the next?.What does that tell you?.You don't think the players play off that attitude?.Just saying Rick,the dressing room I know nothing about and prefer it that way :lol: .Oh,for 8-9 mill,you will damn sure bet I would try every game .This is where the problem (s) lie as well.

Did you read my repeated posts about him playing one day,and not feeling it the next?.What does that tell you?.You don't think the players play off that attitude?.Just saying Rick,the dressing room I know nothing about and prefer it that way :lol: .Oh,for 8-9 mill,you will damn sure bet I would try every game .This is where the problem (s) lie as well.

I agree, but that comment may have been "tongue in cheek". He says he dislikes media, what better way to get them going?

He skates hard no doubt, but his back checking sucks. Ive watched every game and he is trying.

Again, he absolutely sucks at back checking

But to say he doesnt play hard every game, is a joke

I agree, but that comment may have been "tongue in cheek". He says he dislikes media, what better way to get them going?

He skates hard no doubt, but his back checking sucks. Ive watched every game and he is trying.

Again, he absolutely sucks at back checking

But to say he doesnt play hard every game, is a joke

To each his own opinion and I respect that.I have seen him just float with no energy.Still doing cart wheels,but my back is really starting to hurt lolol.

Im with the imperial angler on this, always have been.

I disagree with this entrily. Rember back in the day, Kevin Stevens used to smoke a cigar on the ice during warm ups.

Some of these guys have so much god given talent and they waste it.

It's not 'he has a round face'. It's Randy Carlyle and the leafs medical doctors last year saying 'Phil Kessel came into training camp out of shape'. These are the facts.

I'm sad to see him go and wish we had gotten more for him but their is proof in his lack of physical fitness.

I disagree with this entrily. Rember back in the day, Kevin Stevens used to smoke a cigar on the ice during warm ups.

Some of these guys have so much god given talent and they waste it.

It's not 'he has a round face'. It's Randy Carlyle and the leafs medical doctors last year saying 'Phil Kessel came into training camp out of shape'. These are the facts.

I'm sad to see him go and wish we had gotten more for him but their is proof in his lack of physical fitness.

Proof like winning the fastest skater competition?

Riiiiiiggghhhttttt