How did you come up with your forum handle here? NF, maybe.

Old Ironmaker

I love some of the names folks come up with, some don't make a lick of sense to me but must mean something to the person that made it up.

Mine is Old Ironmaker here simply because that's what I did for most of my life and I'm close to 60.

I have other handles on other forums, like Southern Canuck. It's a US site and tells who I am and from where sort of.

How did you come up with yours? I think I know how Joey came up with hers. Right Joanne, maybe.

When I first joined I was EH just because I use it a lot and my friends from Ohio always pointed it out.

Then the board changed and one time on a newer version of the board you had to use 3 letters so I went to MrEh

Then I got tired of it and just went to my name not sure why but maybe a mood swing one day.

I've always owned very modified wagons of some sort (Volvo 850R, Volvo 740 turbo, Volvo V70R, Volvo 240 turbo, Suzuki SX4 AWD). And the very first vehicle I ever modified was a little red pull wagon (like in my pic) that I used to gravity race down my street as a kid.

seems everyone just started calling me it and it stuck

from the day I was born

And here I always thought it meant " too much sex" or something like that in Latin. Off topic but a few of those 2011 threads show the OFC tourney banners for 2014 ??????

Keep them coming, very interesting stuff, and funny. twocoda was asked if he was musically talented and the reply was " Can't even play a radio" now that's a keeper. Going to steal it for sure.

Royal Air Force, someone buzzed the cottage Sunday, I thought that was you.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

we built spoons for walleyes/salmon years back. they were the outlaw spoon. our charterboat was called outlaw. that stuck and here I am after 30 years of that.. now mind you crossing paths with police boats mnr it was always good. they knew we were well above board.

I was on my first golf trip down south a few years ago. It was new to me, so was not aware how hardcore the rest were for Golf. We played 18 that morning - another 18 that afternoon (man was I sore). Then the organizer took us to a Par 3 called Tupelo Bay - for another 9.

I complained the entire round, hit the ball like garbage (I have back issues, so I was hurting pretty bad, by that point). One of the guys in the foursome (we ended up becoming good friends) started calling me Tupelo Bay - then Tupelo - and it has since morphed to just Tupe. (He also hit a hole in one at Tupleo Bay that night....I was up next and shanked my shot into the Mall parking lot that was beside the golf course - I think that is when the nickname thought entered his mind).

So when I am around those guys - I am Tupelo. Figured why not and went with it.