Favourite body of water

I've seen a lot of beautiful lakes, and will discover more I'm sure. That said I will always have Six Mile dearest in my heart. All them memories of growing up, fishing and frolicking there as a boy and a wild young man.

I've been to alot of places in this big ole world but have never found anywhere I like better than the West Arm of Lake Nippissing and that's the reason I just keep going back time after time.

014-3.jpg

I've seen a lot of beautiful lakes, and will discover more I'm sure. That said I will always have Six Mile dearest in my heart. All them memories of growing up, fishing and frolicking there as a boy and a wild young man.

X2.

We sold the family cottage last summer. But I spent a month ever summer for my entire life at 6-mile. It's a special place for me.

My new challenge, is G-Bay...

Wow---when you spend a lot of years on this rock---it's hard to pick just one---how bout top 5

1. Fond du Lac river flowing into Black Lake in Sask.------whitewater coming into a gin clear lake---where grayling school up till the water is black

2. Big Creek outside Delhi Ontario----little creek you'd walk down and catch speckles and browns outside farm fields--used to be an old submerged car full of bullet holes in the water---catch trout right beside (prob had to be there )

3. Ghost Lake outside Dryden Ontario---another gin clear lake where the smallies always bite and the lake trout were excellent

4. Lake of The Woods----you don't need to say more

5. The Grand River---Many dump on the old girl but it re-invents itself for many miles along the way---and it's the 1st place I fished 47 years ago

Soo it's hard to pick just one

My favorite lake is Great Bear about 500 kms North of me. Killer scenery, caribou, wolverine, muskox, moose, grizzly and black bear.

And the fishing is OK too. :whistling:

P8170281.jpg

My favorite river is the Kenai in Alaska. Again with the great scenery, mountain goats, sheep, moose, tons of grizzlies and black bears.

And the fishing is OK too. :whistling:

River_17.gif

Tie: Lakes Ontario and Erie and the Niagara river that connects them.

World class size and numbers for many species and oh so close to home.

X2 Except for hitting a few Huron /Georgian Bay tribs for steelies in the fall, I haven't been on a lake outside of these 2 since probably the late eighties. I can be backing down a ramp 2 minutes from my house for great fishing. Did the many hour drive to northern destinations for a lot of years too before that, just could not see spending a good chunk of my weekend behind a wheel rather than on the water any more.

Edited by dave524