Little gal was a trooper this morning

misfish

The plan was to get the wee Lilly out for her first ice fishing this Sunday. No daddy or mommy,just some poppy and Lilly time.This all she talked about all week. She must of phoned 4 times this week to make sure our fishing date was still happening. I was hopeing the weather was going to be nice and warm,but cold temps and high winds were called for. Well we got the cold,(that wasnt going to be a problem with the hub and heater.) The wind,well they were wrong,,,,,,,,AGAIN.

Out we head for a short walk on the hard water. She,s so helpful she even helped drag out the sled. Set up the hub and she says,it,s a play house. I couldnt stop laughing. Yes Lilly,it,s a play house.

Get everything set up,get seated and fire up the heater and finder. She says,you got a TV. Yes,it shows us the fish. Once it,s up and running,she asked where the fish are. So I try to explain the best I can to a 3 year old. Wow,she picked it up so fast. Theres your bait (move it up and down) and you see that line there? Thats a fish.. She looks down the hole,I dont see any fish. :rofl2:

We played the chase game. She loved it.

005_zpsecce2e12.jpg

Time for some hot chocolate and tim bits. :good:

002_zps331793dd.jpg

And then it was back to more chasing the fish. :D

004_zps52a83bf7.jpg

Fun morning and I could,nt stop laughing the whole time out.

She warmed this old poppys heart today. :clapping:

Edited by Misfish

Awesome you two had a great time!!

And I think you were just as excited as she was to get out together because you mentioned it a few times when we were out on Friday!

I promised to take my 12 year old daughter out for perch on a weekday (good report card means day off school for some "real world education"), maybe we can hook up again for some perching with the kids?

Burt :)