Canada Post to stop all door to door serveces in cities

tb4me

About 2/3rds of Canadians already pick up their mail from a nearby box already. I don't see what's the big deal. Just stop there on your way home every couple of days. Most every household has someone going by, or very near, their mailbox frequently. Why should taxpayers continue to subsidize the delivery costs of the 1/3 of Cdns who still receive home delivery?

Wow I can't believe they still deliver door to door,'I'm assuming it mostly rural? As mentioned the 'burbs have been getting centralized neighbourhood mailing since the late 80's, so it's a shock to me that some still get their junk mail personally delivered.

Door to door mail delivery is extremely inefficient and with all the rising costs these days, it's really about time they cut off this service. After all 95% of the stuff you get from c-post is garbage ads anyways. How about they stop mailing me junk?!?!?

I still get my mail delivered right to my door and im gonna miss it. Having said that its no big deal..I just kind of find it sad.But the 37% price increase quickly changes my mine..This is the official death of Canada post..

I have to travel 1.5 miles out to the hiway to get mine so it makes no difference to me either.

And I'll bet you had to walk uphill both ways eh Lew, no boots only stocking feet...just pulling yer hose..

Honestly, at least you don't have to worry about the mailman tromping through the flowers.

Edited by Fisherman

Canada Post has never used taxpayers dollars. They are self sufficient, meaning they operate solely on their income provided by their services. This is why I think people should be more upset than what they are. The corporation lets the public believe they are taxed based (lies). They let the public think they are hurting. Yes letters are down, but every other type of mail is up ASTRONOMICALLY.....packages, magazines, addressed admail, admail etc. They are only losing money based against their forecasted projections which they set high to enforce their lies. I realize people do not like unions. I understand that people do not use Canada Post. BUT, why voice your opinion on the subject if it does not affect you. Think of the millions of Canadians who rely on Canada Post for employment. These are good jobs being lost because of a persons opinion of something they do not use. Yes Canada Post needed to change, but these are jobs for todays people, tomorrows children and beyond. And the trickle effect will also be felt nation wide.....small businesses including taxi services, local Urban Large delivery businesses, printers and packers......All of these jobs will be lost due to these changes enforced by people who do not use the service and therefore do not pay a cent for it, because THEY DO NOT USE THE TAXPAYERS MONEY......I find this truly upsetting and very Un-Canadian. We should be wanting these jobs in our communities. We should be protecting the work force that Mr. Harper is so evidently trying to change into a part time economy with lower education morals and a really hurting medical system as well. I for one oppose these changes in the name of the hard working people of Canada Post......

It is a company that is cutting out a part of there business that is losing them money. Although I feel for anybody who loses there job over this. It is what it is. They are doing what is best for the company and have every right to do so.

Blame the internet. I haven't sent a letter to anyone for any reason for a long long time. The money I used to spend on Canada Post I now spend monthly to have internet service. It's not my fault technology is putting posties out of work. It's the evolution of how we communicate....plain and simple.

Some near me have end of driveway mailboxes, C-Post will not deliver down my road. And when I ask about a nearby supper box, I'm told I do not live in the area (this makes now sense at all). F-it, I only pick up the mail once a week at the local post office, when the newspapers go out. I wouldn't mind once or twice a week deliver by C-post. Heck I think during the strike at the local post office they only had mail coming in twice a week, might still be that way, who knows.

The whole Shoppers Drug Mart thing bothers me. I'd rather have 'real live' post offices.

Entropy

Edited by Entropy