A nice Nippissing musky

lew

Mornin boyz, my wife and I are up at Lakair Lodge on the West Arm of Nippissing for a couple weeks looking for muskies.

I absolutely love fishing this body of water for muskies every June and August and although they take alot of work to get them, I'm fortunate enough to do quite well up here and usually get 1 or 2 nice ones each trip.

I got this pretty lady my 1st trip out on Sunday and she measured 51 inches and thought I'd share the moment with the rest of you musky nuts.

I was alone in the boat with the camera on a home made mount so the pictures not the best and some of the tail is missing, but it's not too bad.

rsz_11007-2.jpg

Edited by lew

Nice fish big guy!

West Arm sure brings back memories. When I was 12-14 years old we did a couple weeks every year to the Welcome Lodge (beside Lucky Strike). No idea if its still there but that area was my favorite to fish hands down. Nice perch, wallys near the cabin, walking the shoreline through the woods catching bass/pike and my 1st musky 33" came from there off a 1" beetle spin. My brother's perch picture was used in the brochure for the place, that was cool back then. I will hopefully return one day

Thanks for sharing.

What lure and what technique were you using?

Thanks again folks, that fish came on a large black/orange spinnerbait.

I just got back to the cottage 30 minutes ago but lost possibly the very same fish earlier today. I was only about 100' off the spot and she hit as the bait splashed, gave a couple good headshakes, jumped 2 feet outta the water and threw the bait.

Oh well, it's good to see the fish win the odd tussle but I'll be going back for another visit this evening.