Taking a leak in my yard...legalities

Fishnwire

LMAO... great topic guys. I sure am glad I live in the country. I do it all the time here of course and even when I lived in the city I didn't care one iota if I was in my back yard and no one could see. Too many damn senseless laws anyway. Out here they just passed a bylaw legalizing quads etc. on rural roads. Now that's a good law for a change. Again, I sure am glad I live in the country. :)

Cheers

ummm FNW you are taking this more seriously than it warrants. You also need to consider that the facts I draw on are from the USA I didn't know Canadian women had the ability to go topless, since it is still illegal down here for females to do so it is reason 465 on why I want to live in Canada. What an officer of the law can write a ticket for is different than what you feel is your right to do. If the law is written no matter how much you don't want it to be true a ticket can be issued for open container for the beer in the front yard. The laws that have made it on the books make sense at one time don't get repealed but still can be enforced. A ticket can be written for hanging female undergarments visible from the street on Sunday in a few States in America. Spitting on the sidewalk also can draw a ticket. Yes this is not in compliance with the original post I have taken liberties and gone outside of the original post by not keeping my answer to whether or not you can pee in your back yard. The broadening of the topic has however made for some good stories and friendly banter....

best of the night to you

Art

No wonder there are pages upon pages of listings for Lawyers in the phone book. For idiotic laws we have and spending millions on a judicial system to interpret those laws. As for the open container of alcohol in a public place, your property is not a public place it is private.

Has anyone been fishing lately?

Ahhh but the plot thickens.....Since the laws are governed by definitions and most states have jurisdiction on open container rules. Here is how one state answered the question of :

Open containers of alcohol are not permitted in "public places." What is a public place?

The law does not specifically define what constitutes a public place, and a variety of facts and circumstances may be relevant to that determination. Streets, sidewalks, the strip of grass between the street and sidewalk are almost certain to be considered public places. Your yard, patio or porch may be a public place if you do not control access to it. If you allow anyone to enter, then it could be considered "public." If you party on your lawn and are not scrupulous about keeping outsiders away, your lawn may be considered a public place. Areas shared by more than one apartment or building are usually considered public. Inside your apartment or house, with the door shut, is usually a private place. If you would like more information regarding your specific facts, you should consult a private attorney.

O my how fast the snowball grows.

Nite all

Art

True story, a couple of years ago i asked a local elder if i could borrow his riding lawn mower. He said sure, just fill it up with gas and now my lawn too in about a week because im heading to Portland so the next day i go get the mower and proceed to mow my large ass lawn. About half way through the cops show up accusing me of break and enter and theft under 5000. I told him i had permission and whatnot, even told him who would steal a lawn mower then use it a block away? Haha. He agreed. Then he talked to me for a good 45 mins about the differences between his mower and the one i borrowed. I even excused myself briefly to grab a beer during that time. After i finished the beer i turned and peed on a tree near the side of our house mid conversation. He just kept on talking about mowers. Then he left. I laughed. True story

From Wikipedia.

The consumption of alcohol in public places is generally forbidden, regardless of the time (in a few provinces and territories this is still not enforced), unless a permit to do so is delivered by the responsible municipal authorities. The province of Ontario also disallows the possession of open non-empty containers in the front yard of residential and semi-residential properties located within restrained suburban areas (with a possibility of exemption request).

This is a funny thread. Thanks!

1) I drank a beer (inside) while I read the whole conversation to this point

2) I went outside and had a wonderful pee (I actually had a beer outside earlier)

3) I didn't see any toplesss women. I looked.

LMAO!!

I pee in my back yard all the time, and I don't care who see's me.

All I can say is, if anyone can see me peeing on my property, they shouldn't be looking at my yard. :)

I would be proud if someone could see me :worthy::D

I once got a ticket for public exposure but when we got to court the judge took one look at my package and dismissed the case due to lack of evidence. :blink:

Art

:rofl2:

Good one Art

Spiel and myself worked together, and showered in the same change house. He caught me bragging one day and said, Dave stop bull-shitting, you forget I saw you in the shower. :blush::D

The open container law can be charged in the yard if you do not have a liquor license with an outside open container permit. You can not go to an indoor bar and finish your meal pay your bill and walk out with an open beer. You are also confined to an area of the outdoor porch bar which does not allow you to walk down the street even though you bought the beer outside on the porch. Welcome to the wacky world of legalities. lol

Art

The liquor license act allows a person to have open liquor and consume it on their property that includes their yard, front porch, camp site, hotel room etc

If a tree falls in the forest...?

Agreed, this thread is a good one.

FishNWire... good question though... feel your pain man, gotta suck more in the city though. Ottawa mall cop busted me once for pizzing off the sidewalk into a storm grate. Some boys in blue are mental man.

Takes about 3 - 3 1/2 hours on the riding lawn mower to do my yard in the country along a busy road. On a hot day, little food in the belly, lotsa water, pretty well every tree gets a uric acid shower.

Keep on wizzin' on man... legal or not the world needs to understand that taking a leak is natural and you're just giving back.

Years back buddy would spend most of his time out in his garage/workshop/mancave. Rather than come into the house every couple hours he drilled a hole thru the garage wall and stuck a piece of garden hose out the hole and stuck a funnel in the end. Pee thru the hose into the yard beside the garage and never had to leave his beer fridge. :lol:

A few buddies and I spent a night in Cleveland's drunk tank when I was 19 - 20 for peeing down the concrete steps of an apartment building as the cops were coming up, it seemed like a good idea at the time?

Drunk and disorderly? Who? Us?

Edited by OhioFisherman

The liquor license act allows a person to have open liquor and consume it on their property that includes their yard, front porch, camp site, hotel room etc

That answers that question,. Thanks..........now what about peeing in said areas?