Taking a leak in my yard...legalities

Fishnwire

Well, when you gotta go you gotta go. Case in point. I thought that I was gonna be on the show COPS a couple of years ago in Kansas City. Not a good thing for a Canadian. I was there for the NASCAR race, and after the big event we decided to walk over to the restaurant/bar area which is a mile or so from the track. Half way there I knew that I had to do my business, so my buddy kept walking while I did my thing. Next thing I knew, the grass in front of me was flashing red. Damn. I yelled to my buddy "Is that the COPS?" A voice right behind me advised me that yes, it was indeed the COPS. They were parked about 8 feet behind me. I didn't even hear the car. Yikes. I'm in trouble now. After a stern lecture, and explaining that I was from Canada, the conversation turned light hearted and a few laughs were shared. Good guys they were. Thank God.

You may be able to drink in your own yard but you aren't allowed to drink in your own yard while cutting your grass on your riding lawn mower. Peeing? I have never heard of a ticket for that. There was a guy that had a sprinkler system setup outside his business and it turned on if you pee'd in the alley and soaked you.

http://www.lufa.ca/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=7235

City Laws

Etobicoke

· Bylaw states that no more than 3.5 inches of water is allowed in a bathtub.

Cobourg

· If you have a water trough in your front yard it must be filled by 5:00 a.m.

Gananoque

· Homeowners are responsible for clearing snow off of municipal sidewalks.

Guelph

· The city is classified as a no-pee zone.

Kanata

· The colour of house and garage doors is regulated by city bylaws (a purple door get you a fine). It is also illegal to have a clothes line in your backyard.

· You can't work on your car in the street.

Oshawa

· It's illegal to climb trees.

· Homeowners are responsible for clearing snow off of municipal sidewalks. If sidewalks is not cleaned within 24 hours after a snowfall, city workers will clean it and the cost will be placed on the homeowners tax bill.

Ottawa

· It is illegal to eat ice-cream on Bank Street on a Sunday.

Toronto

· You can't drag a dead horse down Yonge St. on a Sunday.

Uxbridge

· Residents are not allowed to have an Internet connection faster than 56k.

Wawa

· You may not paint a ladder as it will be slippery when wet.

· It is illegal to show public affection on Sunday.

Got hauled into court in 1990 and fined $10 for skateboarding. New by-law that day, the coppers got me first that morning infront of the arcade. All the old lady's ankles were safe in the safe zone from then on out. lol.

Bylaws... these above one's are nuts... or maybe just really old.

A number of years ago, my buddy was getting married and the stag was going to be in Niagara Falls New York.

We took a bus from Toronto and had many a beverage on the way... the only real challenge we had, no bathroom on the bus.

By the time we got to the hotel, there were 25 guys bustin for a pee. The hotel was right beside the American Falls, so we thought it would be a good idea for all of us to have a pee over the falls. Must have been quite the sight having 25 guys leaning up against the rail doing their business, because it didn't take long for the local constabulary to show up.

After explaining that we were all part of a stag, they decided not to fine us... it helped that the groom had a bowling ball chained to his leg! We got off with a warning.

So, no it is not legal to pee over the falls, but dam it was fun!

HH