Got my new sled! OMG....a beast of a machine!

limeyangler

Hi all,

Got my new sled home from Winnipeg last night.

Did not have much time or snow for a long ride...but Jack and me took it for a spin on the lawn.

Put Jack down for his nap and then took it for another spin.....OMG...this thing is PURE EVIL :devil: I LOVE IT....the torque is scary.....awesome machine.

IMG_2595-2.jpg

IMG_2596-1.jpg

IMG_2597-1.jpg

IMG_2598-1.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

Nice sled. You will have tons of fun on it.

I hope and pray you never get stuck, cause you aint getting that thing out!! Its a BEAST for sure!

S.

Been stuck a couple of times with my 1000cc Yammaha and it is a bit of a pain but not too bad to get unstuck. ;)

The big torque of these big 4 strokes is very nice. I find it difficult to drive my sled below 15 KMH though. Kind of tough in the tight and twisties.

Out on the lake on a packed trail these things are insane!!!! It tries to drive out from underneath you. :thumbsup_anim:

They are super sweet on long drives too. Very comfortable.

Nice sled Simon trouble is you will have so much fun riding that big comfy couch you will just want to ride it instead of ice fishing !!!! Haha it happened to me a few years ago I don't even ice fish anymore I just go trail riding on my sleds !!!!!! Make sure you do get a good quality tow strap in case you are stuck so you can get towed out ....... The 2 up sleds are becoming more popular all the time seeing on how they have heated seats and hand rests for the passenger they are awesome like riding a lazy boy recliner across the snow !!!!! Cheers man .....get out and ride and get to know the sled its a whole different animal than what you were used too !!!! You can also get all the travel bags and accessories for it too you can pack that thing up with a huge load !!! Cheers

Hey all, thanks for the replies....so pumped getting this.

Nice sled. You will have tons of fun on it.

I hope and pray you never get stuck, cause you aint getting that thing out!! Its a BEAST for sure!

S.

Yup....call the helicopter if she gets stuck!

wow nice sled.

very sharp looking, looks like it hauls ass

I think a few people have even gone so far as to call it 'sexy'.....lol. The power on this thing is scary! I need to break it in for 300 miles....so a bit of riding to be done, but my resident beaver friend downed two giant birch. They fell down the bank to the lake....so ill get them attached to the sled and see how much ass it does haul soon.

She's a beauty,enjoy!!!!!:thumbsup_anim:

Thanks DB!

Nice ride. Had the chance to drive the same sled last year. all i can say is HOLD ON!! :D

No kidding......she is P....O....W....E....R....F....U....L!!!

Be safe and have fun!

Thanks 2cool,

Its definitely a bit scary, i will be careful.

Nice sled for sure , you should have lots of laker reports this winter with that beast getting you around :thumbsup_anim:

Yup....getting to and from the lakes is gonna be a joy this year....cant wait till lake trout opener!

Great looking sled Simon. :thumbsup_anim: You'll forget all about the purple beast in no time.

Hope the wife makes you install those new patio doors before get too busy ice fishing :lol:

What purple beast??lol.

Dont even go there on the patio doors....friggin Home Hardware took 7 weeks to deliver me 'New Build' instead of 'Renovation' doors (i.e. wrong size), then tried to say it was my fault....yeah right! Been waiting another 3 weeks so far for the right ones to be delivered....pain in the butt!

Been stuck a couple of times with my 1000cc Yammaha and it is a bit of a pain but not too bad to get unstuck. ;)

The big torque of these big 4 strokes is very nice. I find it difficult to drive my sled below 15 KMH though. Kind of tough in the tight and twisties.

Out on the lake on a packed trail these things are insane!!!! It tries to drive out from underneath you. :thumbsup_anim:

They are super sweet on long drives too. Very comfortable.

Cant wait to take mine for a longer haul ride Dave...it's comfy as hell, and from the little i can tell of it so far....there is no 'lag' in throttle response as i had heard....seems pretty darned respnsive to me....it will lift the skis if you try to pull away in low gear without a load attached....first wheelie i ever pulled on a sled took me by surprise for sure!

Great sled but arn't you a little small for that thing? Enjoy it this winter.

Art

LOLOL....i was wondering who would make that comment....touche! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Nice sled :thumbsup_anim:

Do those come with free CAA and get out of stuck free service?

Do those come with an optional regulator?

Or an off season gym membership?

Just kidding.

Nice ride Im extreemly jelous.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

LOL...i am gonna get stuck at some point....its gonna be a steep learning curve for sure....but it will teach me how to avoid situations i guess. As for gym membership....not a bad idea.

Sweet ride!

Thanks man.

Atta boy Simon

Nothing like a new toy :thumbsup_anim:

LOL...yup....like i always say...life is not a rehearsal

Nice ride!!! You'll get there before the fish!

Too funny Brian!

Hell Brian... he'll be so busy riding the trails now he will stop fishing all together!! :sarcasm:

This might be an issue.

Awesome Simon, wish we were closer, we could race to the fishing hole :thumbsup_anim:

Yeah....would love that for sure. Please send a big thank you to Paul for me. His input was pivotal in my choice of sled, really helped.

Nice sled Simon trouble is you will have so much fun riding that big comfy couch you will just want to ride it instead of ice fishing !!!! Haha it happened to me a few years ago I don't even ice fish anymore I just go trail riding on my sleds !!!!!! Make sure you do get a good quality tow strap in case you are stuck so you can get towed out ....... The 2 up sleds are becoming more popular all the time seeing on how they have heated seats and hand rests for the passenger they are awesome like riding a lazy boy recliner across the snow !!!!! Cheers man .....get out and ride and get to know the sled its a whole different animal than what you were used too !!!! You can also get all the travel bags and accessories for it too you can pack that thing up with a huge load !!! Cheers

This certainly will be a learning experience. But an enjoyable and comfy one as you say. I think i will be riding a bit more than i used too....my sled before was just a tool to get to where the fish are.

:worthy:

Thanks Dan.

sick looking machine there Simon. Also love the fifth photo of Jack in the driver seat. I can imagine him thinking " In a few years, this will all be mine, as soon as I can reach the grips."

LOL.....I was very nervous leaving him on there with it running....brakes were on and he got a stern lecture not to touch anything! Yup...before he gets that i see a few older elans etc being his.

That's one great looking sled Simon B):thumbsup_anim: Congrats :clapping: I'm sure it's going to bring you lot's of happy times :good: Now, let's hope you don't decide to brake trail more often then going fishing :whistling::D I can't even envision this happening :o;):P:D Wish you a great hard water season my friend :good:

That's one great looking sled Simon B):thumbsup_anim: Congrats :clapping: I'm sure it's going to bring you lot's of happy times :good: Now, let's hope you don't decide to brake trail more often then going fishing :whistling::D I can't even envision this happening :o;):P:D Wish you a great hard water season my friend :good:

Even i am a little worried fishing might get put on the back burner for a bit....lol.....should take me a week to get the new sled out of my system then business as usual!

So sorry its melting wallbash.gif

Sweet ride dood!!!!

SODS LAW i think they call it Rick(melting/lack of snow). Hey....me and my bud intend hitting lower Manitou a couple of times this year.....thats kinda half way down to you....we have to get out together soon....this is ridiculous!