Where have I Been?

Garyv

I've missed the board for the last 10 days or so. On Friday 10 days previous I thought I was getting the flu, but by mid evening it was without a doubt one bad case. I managed to make it to Monday and when I went to see our doctor and was told you most likely have a blocked bowel and get to the hospital now. My wife drove me right down and for the next 3 days they tried to fix the problem with medicine which was not working so Thursday last I had surgery at 7:00 PM to remove the bad section. Now it's Monday and I'm hoping to be home by Friday. I was lucky to find this PC in the surgery waiting room so I thought I would take advantage and post.

I was told there must be something to being an active outdoorsey type ( yeah I know there's no such word ) as when 9 hours after the operation they had me walking in intensive care without much diffuculity. They told me being able to have the stamina to do this that shortly after surgery is not the norm......so keep fishing and hunting!

Wow!!! Same thing happened to my mother last year. Thought it was flu or food poisoning ended up being a twisted bowel/blockage. They hoped it would resolve itself with rest and medication, but when it didn't it was a quick operation to fix it. Glad to hear you came through it with flying colours! Get well soon!

Gary I know how you feel. About five years ago I had to get opened up beacause of a blockage. I was in the hospital for four days after the operation. Two weeks later I was in moose camp with my buddies. It was a great I never had to lift a hand to help get our animals out. Hope you get well soon.

When I hadn't seen you around for so long Gary, I fgured your musta slipped away to the Sunshine State or something.

Good to hear your recovering so well, just be sure your ready for Lakair in June, Amy needs you to drive the boat.

Take care of yerself Gary and do what the doc tells ya !!

Good to hear that your up and about Gary.

I am sorry to hear about the fact that you required surgery for this and Charmaine is now pointing out that....She wishes you an even speedier recovery.

Take care Bud.........

(We wont be making Lakair this year due to the new house so, you , as others will be missed)

Take care my friend.