Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

Jen's blog post from last Tuesday the 18th. Some of it sure makes you think..

ALL of it should make us think. Maybe a few of us should print that and maybe have a little read and compare that to our own "past 365" days whenever we get upset because our favourite tributary looks like chocolate milk or the traffic in to work was just awful. You truly are an inspiration, Jen.

Jen's blog post from last Tuesday the 18th. Some of it sure makes you think..

During the past year, I’ve learned that no matter how bad things get, or how crappy you feel, there’s always another person out there who’s dealing with something 10X worse. I haven’t met Jen in person before but she was my inspiration to get through my own troubles...She’s my hero :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't that be something if .... we all had Jen's positive attitude, drive and determination through all of life's challenges. Sure would make anyone a better person by following Jen's example. I fully agree, Jen is (and should be) an inspiration to all.

clapping.gif

Well said sir.

I have followed this from the begining, and her stroy has casued much emotion within me.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a few asking for updates....

Jen's blog from last night..

One Year Since ...

I'm starting to think the worst part about this year will be all the 1 year "anniversaries" I have to go through. This year will be filled with days that are one year since so many life changing days, major events, and new experiences. Each one of these days will be filled with a million different emotions. I've always been one to remember dates, significant or sometimes rather mundane. I'm usually happy about this but I'm thinking this year I may wish I couldn't recall all the dates and specifics so easily.

My one year since being diagnosis with cancer was a confusing day. On one hand I was thankful for so many things and seeing how far I'd come in a year and that I was doing well now. On the other, there were so many moments that day when I was brought back to that same day a year ago and the events of the afternoon played out in my head over and over and over. I remembered every feeling and mixed emotion I went through that day. The moments of silence. The tears. The phone call I had to make to my parents. Speaking with my sister. Every detail of every moment is burned into my memory. This is how so many days will play out for me this year.

A couple weeks ago marked the day I sent an email out to all my friends and coworkers telling them what was going on. That really was one of the hardest days emotionally for me last year. I couldn't help but feel like I was ruining the day of each and every person I was sending that email to. And I know not one of them would think of it that way but it was the hardest thing I've ever had to write. I couldn't help but cry and when I hit send I completely broke down. I've realised that this is the day burned into the memory of so many of my friends. That is when this journey started for all of them. It's been interesting over the past couple weeks hearing their side of that day. What they did, where they went, who they talked to. It's humbling to hear just how much your own life can effect someone else.

Today is one year since my first chemo treatment. That day feels like it was so long ago. I found myself more upbeat about reaching this milestone than I thought I'd be. Remembering how much I've endured and overcome this year makes me feel pretty good. I know that I made it through that first treatment and round after round for months to follow. There was so much uncertainty one year ago today, I didn't even know what questions were the right ones to ask. I remember the sleepless night before. The fear of the unknown. Worrying about the possible side effects. The feeling of being at the beginning, so far away from the end, weighing on me. It does feel fantastic to be looking back on the day now though. The simple fact that I can look back on it is enough to make me smile.

I have many more "one year since ..." days to go this year, most of which will be the same kind of flip flop of emotions. But soon enough it'll be one year since ... my last day of chemo ... surgery ... standing up for the first time ... being discharged from the hospital and so many other positive moments/memories. Before I know it I'll be celebrating one year since taking my first unassisted steps (date yet to be determined). Looking forward to these positive milestones is what will keep me focused on the future rather than reliving the past.

Her latest videos from last week. Elliptical fast enough to make the computer come on on Wednesday with about 40% weight on right leg.... and her first steps on only one crutch and 100% weight on her right leg. She still needs to get her 3 or 4 inch shoe lift to smooth it out, but she's getting there. If you want to continue watching her progress.. click watch on youtube in the bottom right corner of the video box and subscribed to her channel. Thanks for your year of concern!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rHTnfvQIh4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EGA5al4bs9M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by irishfield

Wayne;

As you have said...karma helps alot! As to does a positive attitude and a strong wil to keep up the fight! No one ever knows how one will deal with such news...but it sound like your daughter is a strong one and I only hope our prayers and strength also can assist.

Keep your chin up, smile together, laugh together and kick its ASS!

Doug

Wayne, your family has come a long way, I've been there a few times you know. It all gets better.

I was getting a bit worried about your lack of reports; but then FAMILY ALWAYS comes first. Jen seems to be amazing in her progress.

Our thoughts are always with you. We are coming up to a time of year where we all reflect on the past and the future, this year for most hopefully it's family; our loss and our new additions.

Wayne, you and you family are very strong people..Its a simple joy to read the updates with such positive feedback. Sure makes me think, life isint so bad... Congrats to your family and most importantly your Daughter.

Wayne, you and you family are very strong people..Its a simple joy to read the updates with such positive feedback. Sure makes me think, life isint so bad... Congrats to your family and most importantly your Daughter.

That she is Terry along with her whole family and thier support.

Thanks Wayne.

I am sad to hear that Jennifer is doing battle again with such a serious adversary. I send both prayers and Karma to all of you. If you have an address that we can send cards of well wishes to Jennifer I am sure we can help support her in the times of low spirits and adversity. I know that this has been tough on both Leah and yourself and hope that you can draw strength from all of us and make it thru this current issue without harming your health or mental integrity.

With deepest sympathy

Art

CANCER HAS BEEN A DEVIL IN MY FAMILY AND LOTS OF FRIENDS. THEY ARE GETTING REALLY CLOSE TO SOLVING THIS TERRIBLE ILLNESS. BEST WISHES AND PRAYERS

I've had a few asking for updates....

Jen's blog from last night..

Her latest videos from last week. Elliptical fast enough to make the computer come on on Wednesday with about 40% weight on right leg.... and her first steps on only one crutch and 100% weight on her right leg. She still needs to get her 3 or 4 inch shoe lift to smooth it out, but she's getting there. If you want to continue watching her progress.. click watch on youtube in the bottom right corner of the video box and subscribed to her channel. Thanks for your year of concern!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rHTnfvQIh4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EGA5al4bs9M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for continued updates Wayne.

Helps me with my post surgery rehab.

Have found inspiration from your daughters efforts...

She is amazing!

I have been following this amazing jouney & have not responded or made any comments to date.

I felt that anything I had to add would be inadaquate & trivial as compared the determination & outstanding courage shown by your daughter,yourself & your family.

This is truly an awe inspriring story & I do not have the words to pay proper tribute.

I would like to wish you all the best in the future.

Rick