Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ohDJl97rfDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FwjSdcIXKZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0YJKcPyzxvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pJlEPohQSZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks guys and yes Rich, you've got that right... she wasn't even supposed to try standing up until around August 20th!! Her biggest issue right now is she's having some issues with pain/burning in her right foot the last few days. We figure it's the nerve endings that got cut at her hip trying to repair themselves.

She's still on track to attending beerfest with her friends on the weekend and then we're hoping she's up for heading North with us to enjoy the lake. If not, we'll have to make do with the pool and I'll be hitting GBay for Muskie instead.

Here's Jen and her friends, giving my custom mounted sampling cup holders a whirl at the bandshell Beerfest on Saturday. Hot miserable day... she made it from 1 until 5:40 when she called for pick up suffering from a little heat exhaustion.

All in all Jen is doing well, other than she's having issues with her right foot feeling like it's burning all the time. Causing her a lot of restless nights and days, with nothing seeming to help it. I believe they're phantom pains from nerves cut in her hip. Her surgeon called in a script today to our local pharm and Leah's off to pick it up... sure hope it works at killing the nerve ending issues.

beerfest.jpg

Here's Jen and her friends, giving my custom mounted sampling cup holders a whirl at the bandshell Beerfest on Saturday. Hot miserable day... she made it from 1 until 5:40 when she called for pick up suffering from a little heat exhaustion.

All in all Jen is doing well, other than she's having issues with her right foot feeling like it's burning all the time. Causing her a lot of restless nights and days, with nothing seeming to help it. I believe they're phantom pains from nerves cut in her hip. Her surgeon called in a script today to our local pharm and Leah's off to pick it up... sure hope it works at killing the nerve ending issues.

She seems to be in great spirits with great friendsthumbsup_anim.gif Jens smile says it all. Shes a trooper as well as you Wayne and your better halfthumbsup_anim.gif

The best way I can put it isgood.gifthumbsup_anim.gif andworthy.gif for the efforts to make jen smilewink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Shes probably more active now than she has been in a while.Her body is starting to feel better and she will have to eat more protein to rebuild lost msucle. Feed her lots of carbsclapping.gif

Again, an amazing recovery so far Wayne.

Issue is she's not hungry on Hydromorphone. We even tried some fancy cookies, with a little help from some OFC friends for ingredients. It's a bugger getting to the bathroom, on crutches, at 3am when you're stoned I'm told... :w00t:

Edited by irishfield

• 3 weeks later...

Had her 2 month post op check up last Tuesday. Lung and pelvic x-rays are clear, thank God, and she's booked for MRI/CT's in October. The young lad noted a few pages back with the same right pelvic Ewing's, that Jen bought toys for his 18th, has 14 spots on his lungs now. :wallbash: and he isn't even done the chemo sessions for the pelvic bone.

Surgeon pulled Jen's leg a ways out.. and let the muscles pull it back in. He's happy and she's now allowed to start putting weight on the leg and to do physio.

One freaky x-ray I'll tell you with that femur ball all alone in tissue land with no mates to play with! :o

Edited by irishfield

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing what goals can do for one's recovery. Since Novemember Jen has worried about being Maid of Honour for her (since jr kindergarten) girlfriend. Well she came through with flying colours and helped make the day a success on Saturday. She didn't sleep at all the night before worried that she would slip on the wet grass of the hill and slide down it on her arse. You can see the concern or amazement on the faces of some of the guests as she tackles the hill without issue after over 24 hours of rain.

Unfortunately we weren't there, but our son grabbed a few hundred shots during the day. Wedding day was a long day for Jen.. out for makeup at 9am and I picked her exhausted body up at 10pm from the reception hall. So exhausted that she came home and got sick, and has taken about 3 days to get her energy back.

jenwwedding1.jpg

jenwedding2.jpg

jenwedding2a.jpg

jenwedding3.jpg

Getting pretty good at that one leg balancing act!

jenwedding4.jpg

Edited by irishfield