Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

No big problems with a simulated 2 step stair case today and going to try a full stair case tomorrow to see if she's able to do our 17 steps at home. Walked the length of the 11th floor on crutches. Surgeon is speechless! In and out of bed/chair/bathroom on her own, only hurdle right now is she can't roll over without that mechanical connection to her leg. Someone has to hold it. Tomorrow she's gonna try a velcro style strap that will lash one leg to the other to see if she can roll. Glad now that I didn't jump the gun and buy that stair lift I had scouted on kijji

Wayne something tells me that firecracker of yours wouldn`t have anything to do with a stair lift!

Managed the full flight of stairs between the 11th and 12th floor today, up and down. We wheel chaired her to the Village Idiot for Ugly Shirt Friday lunch and she had to crutch her way into the place from the street and also managed the Loo in there as well. Entire surgical team and their onterage came by to see her at 6pm tonight to applaude her progress and wish her well. She has her pain med scripts and her special needs scripts so that we can get them filled before she has her 100+ staples removed on Sunday morning and then she's free to go home with us almost a month ahead of what was planned. Surgeon doesn't want to see her until early September when he jokingly told her she'd probably just walk in and see him crutchless at the rate she's going. Once home, she's allowed to use the pool come Wednesday and told to use a flutter board and see how the leg reacts. We can already hear the Doctor's keyboard keys clicking and highly expect her "story" to make the medical journals.

The Great Escape is well under way. Jennifer has her staples out, she's out of the hospital and in her apartment packing clothes. Leaving shortly for our home in Penetang, until she's a tad more self dependent. Was nice to see she didn't have any real trouble with her stairs down into her garden apartment!!! :canadian:

Thanks Paul.. she's got a long struggle ahead of her, but it will be easier in our home than her apartment and she's not self dependent yet (and won't be for some time). With nothing mechanically holding her leg on, it has a mind of it's own where it wants to go right now.

We also have a pool at home, hoping that will be a big help in strengthening her legs. She can't do actual "physio" until she can put weight on the leg and that is months away.

Thanks Guys!

Geoff... you're Grandmother would be happy to see her vehicle getting put to good use!

Can you bring the basket to the office, we'll be in the city on Friday the 6th of August if that works for you??

I can feel the smile from here Wayne and I know all is well.

As for the basket, I'll bring it to work with me one day this week so it's in the office. Next week I'm out of town deep sea fishing so HH will have to help you all out there with a pick up meeting. ;) Either way, I'm VERY HAPPY to see all is well (so to say) and that all things will go to a good home when they are no longer needed. Cheers my friends, take care.

Geoff

I won't be disappointed if I don't ever have to sleep on that pull out couch again! But I've gotta at least thank my dearly departed sister for buying that couch set and leaving it to the kids, or I would have been sleeping on the floor! :stretcher:

What your daughter just went through is incredibly tough on all fronts.

For her to have a big smile on her face as she leaves the hospital in record time is the best outcome imaginable. What an inspiration for all of us. :thumbsup_anim: