With Sadness

Loonietoon

Hello all, Just a short note to all that we just found out that my wife has Lung Cancer. As a result I will not be around as much as I would like to be and also Hoping that Some Body will step up to the Grill and take over my duties at the Tyler GTG this Feb as I will not be able to be there.. Pls Somebody take my position and Help this great cause continue. Sorry for the bad news but just in case you wonder why I am not available this is why.. Will see all my friends when things get better..

Very sad news Kelvin. Paul and I send our well wishes to you and your wife and family. Always terrible new but as Dan said, they have some very new and positive treatments out there now. Our thoughts will be with you.

Joey & Paul

Very sorry to here of this news our thoughts are with her and your family. We have been going throught this same cancer with dad and I must say they do have alot of good tricks up there sleeves to get people better and send the cancer into remision. You just need to stay positive for her and let the doc's do what they do this is what has kept dad going he does 100% what they say.

Be strong for your wife, and stay positive....Cancer treatment has come a long way.

My uncle went to the Mayo clinic 3 years ago with terminal Brain cancer, and lung cancer as the primary.

The refered him to another clinic in Minesota who's name escapes me right now to undergo a new treatment called "Gamma Knife" sugery.

Its lazer based, and no actual incisions are made.

The sugery was considered 100% successfull, and he is now 3 years cancer free.

Whats crazy is they said "if" it popps up again to simply come back down to the clinic and they will retreat him....they are slowly turning

the most agressive Cancers from a Terminal desease into a potentiallt chronic illness....Amazing stuff, and I can't wait for the day we see this

Treatment in Canada....its comming, and the system is already in several Ontario hospitals, but has not been approved for use yet.

My Uncles new mission in life is to bring this system to Canada in a not for profit enviroment, and is working hard through a lot of red tape to

Make this happen.

But IMO....why wait?

It costs money as OHIP does not cover american systems,

But in some cases Money can buy you happiness and health.

I'm not a docotor, but if you don't like what your doctor has to say it may be something to look at.

I wouldn't recomend publicly it if I had not seen the results myself.

I don't have the exact contact info for the clinic, but I can surely get it for you if you like.

Just send me a PM

Take care,

Edited by Cookslav

Hey Kelvin old pal...sorry to hear about your wife...

I have a couple of friends who have had the same cancer and they lived for a good number of years with one lung...

Don't know if that is the same treatment nowadays...but stay strong for her Mate...