The end of cheap beer?

ketchenany

It's being replaced by "Spielbock". Stay tuned for details.

Guess I'm gonna have to get back all my home brewing supples from ChrisK and start up my basement brewery again.

Damn the big breweries and that tasteless swill !

I've been drinking Carling " Ice " now for over ten years, best of the $28 brands in my opinion. You want skunky, buy Labatt's "Blue "or as it used to be called Pilsner back when a " Blue " was a Molson's "Old Stock Ale" and Labatt's 50 Ale was a number 1 seller.

Guess I'm gonna have to get back all my home brewing supples from ChrisK and start up my basement brewery again.

Damn the big breweries and that tasteless swill !

Uhmmmm I have all you're equipment... remember? and I have yet to use it Chris.. so if you would like it back.... I have no issue with that

Uhmmmm I have all you're equipment... remember? and I have yet to use it Chris.. so if you would like it back.... I have no issue with that

Actually you have 'bout half of it Gerritt, Chris got the other half (recently). Remember I used ot brew mass production.. :)

You guys are behind the times !!!!! KEYSTONE LIGHT is the way of the future ! hahah It was available in the states for a while now.... they just brought it to Canada a little while ago. Its made by Coors brewing company and TASTES DELICIOUS !!!!!!!!! Its only $30 for a 24 of cans !

Its by far the best tasting valuve beer I've ever had !!!! Lakeport doesn't even compare !

If you can't beat your competition, gobble em up and shut em down.

You hit the nail on the head brother!

It is shame really because I enjoyed the beer and the thought of supporting a locally made product. As a lifelong Molson drinker, Labatts has always put me off (well, my guts anyway) but now they've pissed me off as well.

I think I need a drink........

Jim

When I feel like splurging I'll buy a 12pk of Innis & Gunn 40$

When I can buy regular beer my brand is Molson Ex or Sam Adams

But usually I pick up a box of Brava.. great stuff for the $$ 29.95.

I'm glad I don't live in New Brunswick where a 12pk of the premium stuff is 23.00$.. and a "Provincial Brand" @ 18.00$[the provincial government brews it's own beer to try and prevent locals from crossing into Quebec].

RFS

:canadian:

Carling beer is re-labelled from how it looked last summer. I think it tastes better now. :D

Seriously, if you can't find a decent-tasting beer from among the budget brands, there's something wrong with you (could be an irresistible desire to waste your money?) :P

sucks that ppl are out of work but i didnt care one bit for lakeport! does this mean brava is on its way out to?? i enjoy bravas now and then when im feeling cheap. keystone light ehhhh?? i'll have to look for that and giver a try next time im in the beer store.

I used to drink Lakeport Honey when it was only sold at the brewery in Hamilton. $17 for a 24.. Lowest legal price my ass.. I hate those commercials...

Now it's usually Coors Light or MGD or whatever Mike has in the cooler :)