I'll soon be a country bumpkin :)

lew

I've been retired from the Fire Dept. for 9 years but my wife loved her job & wanted to continue working, but we always wanted to get out of Toronto...(who doesn't ??) and move to the country once she packed it in and now the time finally arrived.

We've had a house trailer at Lakefield on Lake Katchawanooka for 36 years now with alot of our best friends in the area and wanted to stay close by, and we finally found exactly what we've been searching for just 3 miles north of Yonges Point.....(10 minutes south of Burleigh Falls)..... and take possession in February.

I thought long and hard about water front, but decided not to bother as I'm constantly towing my boat to different lakes all the time anyways, infact I towed my boat more than 2500 miles this year alone. Were right beside Clear Lake with only a dirt road between me & the lake, infact the water is only 150' from me

Cnv0420.jpg

If I want to lauch the boat there, it's only about 2 miles up the road to Kawartha Park Marina and that'll give me access to Stoney also.

The house is only 8 years old and is in beautiful condition and is wired for a generator and has central air and also central vac.

The property is 100' x 237' and at the end of the yard there's nothing but woods all the way back to hwy 28 a mile away. Gonna be a great place for me & the pooch to hike every day

Cnv0437.jpg

Anyways, here's a few pics of the new digs.

I only took a couple and the rest are from the real estate website.

I said I wanted country & I meant it........the road into my place :lol:

Cnv0421.jpg

A pic I took today....the house is actually beige but for some reason looks pink :dunno:

There's a circular drive in front and then the long drive up to the garage. I'm gonna have to buy both a riding lawnmower & snow blower

Cnv0424.jpg

The back with the full width deck

Cnv0436.jpg

Back yard......check out the garage

Cnv0426.jpg

Beautiful living room with wood fireplace

Cnv0425.jpg

Cnv0429.jpg

Cnv0432.jpg

Huge den

Cnv0430.jpg

Beautiful kitchen

Cnv0431.jpg

Master with ensuite, including a huge shower with built in lights, skylight and corner jacuzzi and walkout to the rear deck

Cnv0428.jpg

Cnv0427.jpg

There's a couple more bathrooms, 3 more bedrooms, laundry, mudroom and a fully finished 8' high basement with a BIG family room downstairs.

I think what really sold me though was the HUGE garage.

It's 20' wide with remote door and a full 52' deep with a workshop at the far end. It's also fully insulated and has a propane furnace. I was in there yesterday and it was 70 degrees. Be a great place to build stuff and work on the boat all winter.

There's more than enough room inside for my 19' boat, van & car.

Cnv0434.jpg

View inside

Cnv0123.jpg

And upstairs above the garage is a 20 x 20 finished loft that even has hardwood floors. Diane says that'll be my spot whenever I get outta hand :D

Cnv0435.jpg

Anyways folks, that's gonna be our new home very shortly and hopefully I haven't bored anyone, but I've waited a long time for this place and just thought I'd share it with you. If anyone wants me after February, you'll know where to find me :lol:

Edited by lew

I've been checking all day for this Lew, I'm so happy you got it for February.

Congratulations to you, Diane & Sheri, you all deserve it and I just know you'll be very happy there.

What a gorgeous home, I'm extremely jealous :lol:;)

Joey

Lew, congratulations are definitely in order!! You have a nice property, close to the water and a big garage with a real nice 'doghouse'. The best of luck to you and your wife in your new home. You'll get many years of enjoyment there and you'll definitely have the peace and quiet you have been wanting. I definitely have to make it up that way to hit the water with ya!!!